7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

Couple of questions about leg room and baby seat (sedan vs. coupe)

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
soonspring is an unknown quantity at this point
Couple of questions about leg room and baby seat (sedan vs. coupe)

Hi friends

I'm looking to buy a 7th gen Civic. My wife and I had a daughter in December and we need something that can carry the three of us on longer trips and around town. Out DD is a Ford Ranger but its not made for a baby. And dont get me started on the fuel economy... Basically, we need a car and a Civic seems like the most sensible choice in so many ways.

Couple of questions...

1. Is the rear seat leg room the same in the sedan and the coupe? According to Wikipedia the two models are the same overall length so I was wondering is the leg room is the same too?

2. I'm pretty much set on buying a coupe (if leg rooms is OK, see above). Has any of you guys tried carrying a baby in a rear facing baby seat (in the backseat) on a daily basis? Is it easy enough to get her in and out?

Thats is for now. I'm sure there will be more questions in the future.

Thanks a bunch in advance!

Matt
Old 03-13-2014
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Couple of questions about leg room and baby seat (sedan vs. coupe)

I don't think the baby will care about legroom for several years.

Ok serious answer, there's a little bit of difference it seems.
Edmunds.com

2004 Sedan
REAR HIP ROOM 49.8 in. REAR HEAD ROOM 37.2 in. REAR LEG ROOM 36 in. REAR SHOULDER ROOM 52 in

Coupe
REAR HIP ROOM 46.7 in. REAR HEAD ROOM 35.4 in. REAR LEG ROOM 32.8 in. REAR SHOULDER ROOM 52.6 in

The passengers front seat slides forward when you flip the seatback up, the drivers seat does not.....so the kid seat would likely be easiest to put behind the passenger side.
Old 03-13-2014
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

just get a roof rack it will be fun for the baby and you won't have to worry about spilling or shity diaper smell. if i was in the market for a baby carrier/people carrier i wouldn't buy a coupe.
Old 03-13-2014
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Stock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of light

my french is a little rusted but I'm pretty sure 'coupe' means for childless couples that like to have fun.

After a week of trying to deal with a child seat in the back of a coupe you'll be trading it in for a sedan. Other than that small children would be OK in the back (like under 5' and 100 lbs). Personally if I had children I wouldn't drive a Civic because I don't feel they are the safest cars in the world.

Last edited by Stock 99; 03-13-2014 at 08:52 PM.
Old 03-13-2014

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stock 99
my french is a little rusted but I'm pretty sure 'coupe' means for childless couples that like to have fun.
The sedan has more *AHEM* "leg-room".... WINK WINK NUDGE NUDGE SAY NO MORE
Old 03-13-2014

Originally Posted by lowlife9
just get a roof rack it will be fun for the baby
Strangely relevant headline:

You're better strapping your kid to the roof of the car and hoping for the best. Graco to recall almost 4 million car seats

http://www.ibtimes.com/graco-car-sea...ansion-1561263
Old 03-14-2014
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

actually the 7th gen civic is extremely safe it has evan passed the the institute of highway safty new small overlap crash test which alot of cars particularly new models are failing like Camry,RAV4, Audi A4,Jeep Patriot etc etc
Old 03-14-2014
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Stock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of light

Meh...I don't want to hijack someone else's thread. I said personally because I highway commute with a majority of vehicles that are bigger than F150's. This video would be closer representation of a typical crash in my environment....except both vechicles would actually be moving 2 to 3 times faster......