7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

Replacing front turn signal bulbs

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2014
I am Epic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Civicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trusted
Replacing front turn signal bulbs

How is it not possible to replace the front signal bulbs from under the hood, just when like how you change the headlight bulb? I spent half an hour just to get out one of the plastic clips in the driver side fender (which i literally had to pry out with a flat head), and i gave up cause no way i was getting the 2nd one out, nor was i getting my arm under the plastic shield cover. Even turning the wheel, didnt give near enough room. Worst design ever. This much work just to replace two bulbs. Seriously.
Old 02-18-2014
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: Replacing front turn signal bulbs

Yea, I replaced mine when I had the bumper off. It looked difficult to do with everything still attached.

It could be easier but it also could be more difficult. Some cars you have to remove the whole rear bumper of the car to replace a tail light.
Old 02-18-2014
Registered!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
mikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Civicnoobie
How is it not possible to replace the front signal bulbs from under the hood, just when like how you change the headlight bulb? I spent half an hour just to get out one of the plastic clips in the driver side fender (which i literally had to pry out with a flat head), and i gave up cause no way i was getting the 2nd one out, nor was i getting my arm under the plastic shield cover. Even turning the wheel, didnt give near enough room. Worst design ever. This much work just to replace two bulbs. Seriously.
there is a special tool used to remove those clips,

you need to remove the inner fender liner, and get to the bulb through the wheel well, remove your wheel/tire for easier access
Old 02-18-2014
I am Epic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Civicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trusted

i did finally get the bulbs in, but both of my clips broke on each fender. (1 each side). Went to honda, got 2 new ones, the driver side fit fine but the other wouldnt. Even tried different sized clips but i couldnt get the bugger to stay in when pushed. So I gave up.

Any ideas on how to keep the splashguard fit/snug against the fender? I tried using zip ties but they kept breaking cause of the really sharp metal inside the fender.

Last edited by Civicnoobie; 02-18-2014 at 04:55 PM.