7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Interior dome and map lights not working

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2014
I am Epic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Civicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trusted
Interior dome and map lights not working

I put in a new dome light for the front, took the front and the rear dome lights out (currently had blue LEDs and want white). Put in the new ones and now none of the lights will work, not even the map lights. Ive tried putting in the LED bulbs both ways and made sure the connectors in the socket arent bent. Even tried putting my old bulbs in and they dont work either. Neither the front or the back dome light will work. WTF

What do i do now?
Old 02-02-2014
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Interior dome and map lights not working

Check the blown fuse?
Old 02-02-2014

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

#3, engine compartment box. 7.5 amp.
Old 02-02-2014
I am Epic

Civicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trusted

Originally Posted by ezone
Check the blown fuse?
Thanks. I just checked, pulled the #3, 7.5A fuse and the metal piece inside it that goes from one side to the other, looks like its split. Im guessing its blown? If so, can i just buy any 7.5A fuse from the store? Im guessing theyre universal.
Old 02-02-2014

Replace with the same size, type, and rating.
Take your blown fuse into the parts store tomorrow and let them match it up.
Old 02-02-2014

You may want to get a box of them, you will probably blow several trying to make your LEDs work right.
Old 02-02-2014
I am Epic

You may want to get a box of them, you will probably blow several trying to make your LEDs work right.
Really? Oh didnt know LEDs blow fuses. Ill get a box, thx

Ya mine looks like the one on the left.
Old 02-02-2014

LEDs are polarity sensitive.
Research how a diode works and what it does, then you may understand why it can blow a fuse.
Old 02-03-2014
I am Epic

Oh I see, I have a question.

Im trying to find the right bulb for the rear dome but when I bought and tried to put in a 31mm Festoon DE3175 (what sites say is the size), its too short compared to what i have in now.

This is the bulb im trying to put in but it wont stay as its too short and too thin. I put in one bulb.

This is what I have in now

Last edited by Civicnoobie; 02-03-2014 at 08:12 PM.
Old 02-03-2014

So....if it's wrong, it's wrong. Try again.
Unless you can make it longer.

Can't bend the tabs on the light inward?
Old 02-04-2014
I am Epic

So....if it's wrong, it's wrong. Try again.
Unless you can make it longer.

Can't bend the tabs on the light inward?
Got it working, the rear dome is 44mm on the EX, not 31.

How do you swap out the trunk bulbs? I cant even find them and seems youhave to get a prybar to pull a huge metal piece off near the backseat

The site says the trunk is 168s, hope thats true.
Old 02-04-2014

How do you swap out the trunk bulbs?
Pop the lens assembly out of the shelf?
Look in your owners manual, maybe that info is there.