7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

Fog lights opinions

Old 11-21-2013
Registered!!

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Erf_Em2 is a glorious beacon of lightErf_Em2 is a glorious beacon of lightErf_Em2 is a glorious beacon of lightErf_Em2 is a glorious beacon of lightErf_Em2 is a glorious beacon of light
Fog lights opinions

Hello guys, Im new to this forum! This is my first post.
I have a black 05 EX Coupe SE. I am planning to buy fog lights.
What do you guys think about the lens color will yellow, black, or clear look good?
Personally I like the black lens fog light simply because I plan adding black head and tail lights. The brand is Spec D for ~$65 but also over at ProCivic they have fog lights by Pro Design which run at $126. Later I plan on doing the HID Conversion for my fog and headlights.
So I have decided the bulb to emit yellow light, but am stuck about deciding the lens color of the frame.
Old 11-22-2013
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: Fog lights opinions

Either yellow or clear, no black! Blacking them out reduces the amount of light that goes through (defeats the purpose of lights). If you want black you could get headlights that have a black painted housing. Also an HID bulb that is yellow behind a tinted lense is going to result in a greenish color with little visability. Jmo!

I prefer yellow fogs over clear.

He removed the pics but this is what happens when you mix bulb colors and lense colors, unless you are going for a style color affect:

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/1...og-lights.html

Last edited by GolNat; 11-22-2013 at 06:26 AM.
Old 11-22-2013
Registered!!

Erf_Em2 is a glorious beacon of lightErf_Em2 is a glorious beacon of lightErf_Em2 is a glorious beacon of lightErf_Em2 is a glorious beacon of lightErf_Em2 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by GolNat
Either yellow or clear, no black! Blacking them out reduces the amount of light that goes through (defeats the purpose of lights). If you want black you could get headlights that have a black painted housing. Also an HID bulb that is yellow behind a tinted lense is going to result in a greenish color with little visability. Jmo!

I prefer yellow fogs over clear.

He removed the pics but this is what happens when you mix bulb colors and lense colors, unless you are going for a style color affect:

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/1...og-lights.html

Thank you for the advice! That is all I needed to know.
Btw, what would HID lights look behind smoked headlights?
Did you obtain a ticket for getting pulled over?
Old 11-22-2013
Prelude Owner

GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

Forgot to say welcome to the forum!

I did not get pulled over but the member that posted that thread did, not sure if he got a ticket.

If you get white HID's then it will just reduce the brightness and not change the color. If you get the colored HID's then they will result in a different output color. Like the guy in that thread mixed yellow bulbs with the smoked lense so it made the light green.
Old 11-22-2013
Registered!!

Forgot to say welcome to the forum!

I did not get pulled over but the member that posted that thread did, not sure if he got a ticket.

If you get white HID's then it will just reduce the brightness and not change the color. If you get the colored HID's then they will result in a different output color. Like the guy in that thread mixed yellow bulbs with the smoked lense so it made the light green.
The headlights arent smoked or tinted theyre made by Spec D and just black projector headlights so i dont think theyll affect white HIDs.
As far as fog lights i see plenty of people in town with yellow HID fog lights.
Is there a way you can hook up both HID fog lights and the headlights off one conversion kit?
Old 11-22-2013
Prelude Owner

If the housing is only painted black then it will be fine, no effect.

Originally Posted by Erf_Em2
As far as fog lights i see plenty of people in town with yellow HID fog lights.
Yea, just get ones with yellow lenses, or clear lenses with yellow bulbs.

Originally Posted by Erf_Em2
Is there a way you can hook up both HID fog lights and the headlights off one conversion kit?
No. One kit for fogs and another for headlights.
Old 11-22-2013
Registered!!

If the housing is only painted black then it will be fine, no effect.

Yea, just get ones with yellow lenses, or clear lenses with yellow bulbs.

No. One kit for fogs and another for headlights.

Thank you good sir for clearing that up for me.
Old 11-26-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CivicAdam01 is an unknown quantity at this point

If you would want the lens color black then use Niteshade, its a spray film that you can apply with 3-5 light coats and give the lenses a nice smoke that doesn't cut back on brightness too much and and color bulb you use will still shine though the same color.
Old 11-26-2013
Registered!!

Originally Posted by CivicAdam01
If you would want the lens color black then use Niteshade, its a spray film that you can apply with 3-5 light coats and give the lenses a nice smoke that doesn't cut back on brightness too much and and color bulb you use will still shine though the same color.
So if I get the VHT NiteShades tint spray could I apply it to headlights? (or is that illegal?)
Or, should I smoke the tail lights, smoke the headlights, and keep the fogs yellow cause I like yellow more.

Also, what do you think about the fog lights NOT being HID but having HID HEADLIGHTS? Personally, here is my planned setup: Yellow fog lights non HID, smoked tail lights using nite shade spray, installing bi-xenon projectors in stock headlamps with a 6000k HID kit.