7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

intake diy help

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2013
the Destroyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Scoots is an unknown quantity at this point
intake diy help

wanna install an SRI intake myself on my 03 DX, anybody have a list of socket sizes/other tools i would need? just want to make sure i have everything before i start and find myself f**ked partway through.

Last edited by Scoots; 11-06-2013 at 10:53 AM.
Old 11-19-2013
Super Moderator

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts
Poopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of light
Re: intake diy help

Dude, the whole thing is RIDICULOUSLY easy. I was new to it too, so I took my time, did the work in a parking lot, cleaned my throttle plate, threw in a grounding upgrade and was still done in under two hours. There is NOTHING you will do that can't be reversed, as long as you don't break anything. You will probably need a 10mm socket (if I'm not mistaken) and probably a flat-head screwdriver for the fasteners on your new intake. Which SRI are you getting?
Old 11-19-2013
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Flat head screw driver and a 10mm socket, I believe is all you need. A 12" extension will make your life easier, as well. I don't think you need a 12mm socket, but it wouldn't hurt to have one on hand.

It wouldn't hurt to have some small sockets for hose clamps instead of a flathead screwdiver

edit: I can't read, and poopies got it all covered. Just FYI, you can virtually disassemble a Civic with not much more than 10, 12, 17, and 19mm sockets
Old 11-19-2013
Super Moderator

Poopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx
you can virtually disassemble a Civic with not much more than 10, 12, 17, and 19mm sockets
Yeah it makes things really simple. It's a good thing that most mechanic's tool sets give you a couple of 10s... my baby ate one a few months ago and I haven't seen it since. :-/
Old 11-19-2013
Super Moderator

My car. My CAR ate a socket.
Old 11-19-2013
Administrator
Administrator

xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

HAHAHAHA

I immediately imagined a freakin baby in diapers nomming on some sockets.. Then started to question your position as a parent. Nice save. Much more entertaining than a ninja edit.
Old 11-19-2013
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Definitely more entertaining than a ninja edit.

Just Phillips and/or flathead screwdriver (Depending on what type your hose clamps are)
a 8mm, 10mm and 12mm socket is enough. (8mm in case you want to use that for the hose clamps)
Might help to have an extension, but not necessary.

If you can remove a wheel and install a spare, you can install a SRI.
Old 11-20-2013
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Poopies
my baby ate one a few months ago and I haven't seen it since. :-/
be careful for the moment he shoots it back - roadkill! thanks for the laughs!
Old 11-24-2013
the Destroyer

Scoots is an unknown quantity at this point

just a cheap ebay sri atm, not nice being flat broke all the time. planning on picking up either a K&N + head shield or an AEM next week.

only trouble i had when installing, the kit didn't come with anything to hold the o2 sensor in place!
Old 11-24-2013
Administrator
Administrator

Inrake air temp sensor. Well, I'm assuming that's what you meant. There aren't o2 sensors on the intake. Drill a hole in the pipe and call it a day. Also, you can eBay pipe it all day long, just slap a good filter on it. Back when everyone realized the d17 doesn't respond to bolt on mods very much, lotsa people started recommending a cheapo eBay pipe and slapping an AEM dry flow filter on it.
Old 11-24-2013
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

they sell those little rubber grommets to hold sensors at pepboys and probably all auto part stores.