7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Feedback for my 04?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2013
Ehhhh...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Zombie Cakes is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback for my 04?

Hay everyone,

Extreme noob here.
I just wanted to ask for some feedback, thoughts and suggestions for my current 04 Civic that I'm slowly modding.
I'm very new to all of this and currently have help from a family friend with the project.

As of right now I have a few things on the exterior of the car and I am wondering how you all think it looks? I want to keep it as clean as possible. I do have sideskirts on their way to kind of even out the front lip and the rest so that will be next once they're painted.
I am honestly debating on sticking the stock grille back on as well and I'm currently thinking the rims I have are not a good choice. They are 15's, but I bought them not realizing they where chrome like a moron so I keep thinking I blind people on the road lol.
Here's a few pics so she can be ripped apart haha.
Name:  IMG_0384_zps97808ecc.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  413.9 KB

Name:  IMG_0386_zps4ba96a76.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  364.8 KB

Name:  IMG_0385_zps39067381.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  222.5 KB

I am looking to get coilovers, catback and maybe headers but I'm thinking I should wait to do anything engine wise if I do decide to swap, even though I'll need to really read up on that thought before anything and I know I probably won't have this car forever.
But either way I will be looking for a quiet (as can get) cat back set up and highly recommended coilovers for right now. I do want to purchase those and am hoping to buy some nice quality products.

Anyways, any suggestions, help, and thoughts would be appreciated! Thanks!
Old 05-18-2013
Registered!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
mikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Feedback for my 04?

you either go one route or the other....mods or swap, not both, so pick your route and stick with it....personally i would never mod my 7th gen i think its a waste of money, i would buy a different car if that was what i wanted to do, but if i ever did mod it (but wont) it would definitely be a swap, you would need to spend way more on mods to get the power increase of a swap
Old 05-18-2013
Ehhhh...

Originally Posted by mikey1
you either go one route or the other....mods or swap, not both, so pick your route and stick with it....personally i would never mod my 7th gen i think its a waste of money, i would buy a different car if that was what i wanted to do, but if i ever did mod it (but wont) it would definitely be a swap, you would need to spend way more on mods to get the power increase of a swap
Thank for the feedback!

Yeah I really don't want to dish out money for mods if it does nothing and that money can go towards something better. I might as well wait until I get a different car to do anything extensive to it, especially seeing as how this is my first vehicle and I'm sure there will be many more to come.
I'll read up more on engine swapping though if I do decide to do it (though thoughts on it now with this car are slim).

But I appreciate your input, thank you!
Old 05-21-2013
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light

Maybe change out all the fluids? Check/change your filters?
Old 05-22-2013
Ehhhh...

Originally Posted by 04 Honda Civic
Maybe change out all the fluids? Check/change your filters?
Oh yes! I do need to get this car spic and span for inspection in two months.

I have recently done the transmission fluid last oil change I had as well as cleaning out the fuel system. For the air filters I have a short ram that was recently installed though I might be due for some cabin filters, damn mice haha.

The main things I know I have to get done is a new 02 sensor and a timing belt (a bit overdue for that one ).