7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

02' Honda Civic 1.7L Vtec EX Trim

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JC86 is an unknown quantity at this point
02' Honda Civic 1.7L Vtec EX Trim

2002 EX Honda Civic
Hi. I'm new to the forums and recently trade my old 96' Accord for a 2002 Civic EX with a lovely vtec inside.

I would love some help.

I want to buy a Short Ram AEM. But I wonder if it will affect my engine in the long run? Would it allow too much air thus some moisture into the engine? Is it safe? Which one do you guys recommend? If any at all? Better Short Ram AEM then Air Intake I am assuming correct? Also Where can I purchase one? I would love to find a reliable site where I could buy not only parts but stuff for the car...Say I want to change the look and color of my Gauges..Which I do! Anyways I forgot to mention my 02' Civic EX is a manual ofc 184k miles on it. Timing belt changed. got to re-open it again since stupid seals were put wrong..has a very small leak.. no sweat thought. OEM seals, plus valve cover seals. Do you guys think spending the money on OEM Spark plugs is worth it? Or high end from regular auto part store suffice? Thank you.
Old 04-30-2013
7th Gen Civic DIY Enthusiast!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Matt_75 is a jewel in the roughMatt_75 is a jewel in the roughMatt_75 is a jewel in the roughMatt_75 is a jewel in the rough
Re: 02' Honda Civic 1.7L Vtec EX Trim

I have an AEM V2 with the brute force dry air filter on it. I've had it for about 3 years now. Works great. I bought it from amazon.

Here's the link:
AEM 24-6100C Gun Metal V2 Induction System : Amazon.com : Automotive AEM 24-6100C Gun Metal V2 Induction System : Amazon.com : Automotive

It's very pricey and there are some who would say it's not worth the money. I say to each his own. I've had no problems with it at all and I also use the AEM filter wrap 1-4000 just for that extra fill good.

OEM spark plugs all the way. Either correct OEM NGK or Denso.

Good luck with what ever you decide to purchase.

Last edited by Matt_75; 04-30-2013 at 01:37 AM.
Old 04-30-2013
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think I've had a stock intake since she was about... 20,000 miles young.. She's not pushing 160,000
Old 04-30-2013
Registered!!

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx
I don't think I've had a stock intake since she was about... 20,000 miles young.. She's not pushing 160,000
Sweet...Hoping to remove it soon. Will look into probably buying the OEM plugs when I do.
Old 04-30-2013
Administrator
Administrator

xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

I just noticed. Post supposed to say "now* pushing 160"

Stupid... Fat finger... iPhone.... Lol

Also, this forum started off as a 7thgen specific forum, so there's a metric crap-ton of info at your disposal. That, and people like me that have been on this forum for about a decade now.
Old 04-30-2013
Registered!!

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx
I just noticed. Post supposed to say "now* pushing 160"

Stupid... Fat finger... iPhone.... Lol

Also, this forum started off as a 7thgen specific forum, so there's a metric crap-ton of info at your disposal. That, and people like me that have been on this forum for about a decade now.
lol. So Riceboy where do you recommend I buy my Short Ram AEM? and What kind?
Old 04-30-2013
Administrator
Administrator

Honestly, you can ebay pipe it and grab an AEM dryflow, and that'll be infinitely cheaper.

I, however, am a fan of the AEM V2 intake, which is what I'm currently rocking. THmotorsports.com always has good prices, and free shipping on orders over $99, with constant coupon codes (I think 5offfive still gets you 5% off). Dezod.com always has good products for good prices, but their shipping rates kinda suck. Dezod's customer service is second to none though.

I'd scour ebay or the for sale forum, first, just so you don't pay out the *** for it