7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

heel and toe help please

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cona is an unknown quantity at this point
heel and toe help please

when i heel toe i wait to rev match when its on neutral

is it safe to rev match while in 3rd transitioning into 2nd?

should i wait until i'm in neutral to rev match | when my foot is off the gas switch to second| then let go of the clutch?

please help

i want to do as little damage to my clutch as possible when learning heel toe
Old 04-28-2013
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
johndeerebones is a jewel in the roughjohndeerebones is a jewel in the roughjohndeerebones is a jewel in the rough
Re: heel and toe help please

Either is fine if you are matching revs the work is already done. If you don't match it and don't time the clutch right you will know it. If you match the revs you can butter shift like you had the clutch in. Yes downshift matching is fine, the speed match is actually more important on the downshifts...
Old 04-29-2013
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

pray tell, what exactly are you trying to accomplish with doing heel-toe in a FWD that is not prone to oversteer? A stock RSX-S would have gains, not so much on a EP3.
they are a technique mostly used in RWD that the rear wheel could lockup and take tail out. a FWD is usually prone to understeer in stock form, so rev matching maybe saves some synchros but not exactly required. a rightly modded car would be different, they could swing tail instead of plowing to through corner.

you seem to be a new driver, there are much more to learn before you try heel-toe. safe driving as in learning to look ahead for example are way more important.
Old 04-29-2013
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sdaidoji
you seem to be a new driver, there are much more to learn before you try heel-toe. safe driving as in learning to look ahead for example are way more important.
That possibly just watched Initial D or clips of Keiichi Tsuchiya.. Lol, sorry OP, couldn't help myself

But seriously, Sandro has some wisdom that comes with his age as well as his many auto-x experiences.
Old 05-02-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cona is an unknown quantity at this point

alright, thanks guys. yeah ill just focus on being a super smooth driver. it does gets boring though. just wanted to master the technique of heel and toe so i know how to do it well.
Old 05-02-2013
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by cona
it does gets boring though.
Do some suspension mods to get the excitement back. It is a never ending journey once you start but it will keep the car fun for longer.
Old 05-04-2013
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
scooty is on a distinguished road

Pop quiz for the OP.

When exactly is heel and toe required? If you have to google this...then don't bother trying to learn it just yet.