7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Best way to get a stock 03 EX with 70K "good as new" is to take it to local dealer?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
luisfe is an unknown quantity at this point
Best way to get a stock 03 EX with 70K "good as new" is to take it to local dealer?

Forget about cost for a second.

I bought a 2003 EX sedan with the manual transmission and this guy can't even remember where he took it to get a damn oil change. Just as an FYI, I had it checked by a mechanic and everything was good and the price was unbeatable.

Although, I'm left with that icky feeling that who knows where its been serviced and I want to take it to the dealership and get the biggest service package ever and then start servicing it myself from then on.

The car has 70K miles on it, so it doesn't need any major changes yet, but what do you think I should do? Would the major service where they change everything and test everything suffice to clear my head about any wrong doings with the car in its previous 70K miles?

Thanks!!
Old 04-24-2013
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Best way to get a stock 03 EX with 70K "good as new" is to take it to local deale

Seriously? What exactly do you believe a dealer (or any other shop) would do to it?

Change fluids, inspect all the usual stuff that could be bad at 70k, and it needs a timing belt job (based on time).

We cannot predict the future.

Old 04-24-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
luisfe is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Best way to get a stock 03 EX with 70K "good as new" is to take it to local deale

Originally Posted by ezone
Change fluids, inspect all the usual stuff that could be bad at 70k, and it needs a timing belt job (based on time).
...and what "could be bad at 70K".

Already looking to change timing belt.
Old 04-24-2013
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by luisfe
...and what "could be bad at 70K".

Originally Posted by luisfe
FYI, I had it checked by a mechanic and everything was good
Do you not trust that person?
Do you think someone else will find more, less, or different things wrong?

Are there issues you already know need addressed?

/I'm not even sure what I'm doing here right now.....