7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

Help replace factory shift knob

Old 04-14-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ProAc_Fan is an unknown quantity at this point
Help replace factory shift ****

I've got a Momo Superanitomico shift **** I found laying around the garage. It has a little rubber insert inside already. How do I go about using it to replace the stock shifter ****? I tried to put it on already but that was a no go.

TIA

Mike
Old 04-14-2013
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,143 Likes on 798 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Help replace factory shift ****

What did you have issues with?
Old 04-14-2013
Registered!!

The issue is the **** won't even go on the threaded shaft. There's a small rubber insert inside the momo shift **** already. I'm thinking that insert may need to come out. I see a small hole on the base of the **** which would take a small set screw that I don't have. I simply found this **** laying around the garage. I'm hoping to thread the new **** onto the shifter but I'm not 100% sure if that's the proper plan.

Mike
Old 04-14-2013
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

Aftermarket ***** generally aren't the thread on type. You will need to find the set screw or a screw the same size (those things are small) to make it stop spinning on the shaft. I don't see any other way to install it honestly.
Old 04-14-2013
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

****????
Old 04-15-2013
Registered!!

Update....got the momo shift **** installed. Kept the factory boot and it looks and feels pretty nice. Not sure I would have spent the cash if I had to buy it but since it was a freebie I'm quite happy about it. Now to install the free strut brace and free cold air intake.

Mike