7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

How much can I get for my Honda???

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mikebj22 should not be trusted
How much can I get for my Honda???

It's a silver 2001 Honda Civic EX. 4-door, it has a 146,000 miles on it, ABS, AM/FM radio, no damage, etc.

Obviously, this is not the most detailed description but I am thinking about selling it. An estimate would be appreciated. I'm really hoping I can get atleast $4000 for it.
Old 04-09-2013
A true genius admits that he/she knows nothing.....CLOSED SAT/SUN

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Gunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to all
Re: How much can I get for my Honda???

Any pictures??
Old 04-09-2013
Registered!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
mikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of light

if its well taken care of and the body is free of damage and rust, then i think you should get at least 4,000 if you sell it yourself
Old 04-09-2013
Registered!!

mikebj22 should not be trusted

Originally Posted by mikey1
if its well taken care of and the body is free of damage and rust, then i think you should get at least 4,000 if you sell it yourself

Thank you kind sir!

Last edited by Kennykid2002; 04-09-2013 at 11:36 PM.
Old 04-09-2013

Gunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to all

^ Don't think that is really needed.

To better help, what state do you live in? The going price for these cars is very different depending on location..

For example your car CLEAN as you say would retail for 5,500 in VA. but trade in value is only 3,000.

Also, Broad questions usually get broad responses. More detail is always better..

Last edited by Gunner; 04-09-2013 at 12:34 PM.
Old 04-09-2013
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Bad mouthing will not be tolerated on this forum.
This is a warning.
Old 04-16-2013
Registered!!

ProAc_Fan is an unknown quantity at this point

4K for a 13 yr old civic seems a tad optimistic. I just bought mine privately with approx 130K miles for $700. If I thought I could flip it for anything approaching 4K it'd be sold tomorrow.

Mike
Old 04-16-2013
Registered!!

mikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ProAc_Fan
4K for a 13 yr old civic seems a tad optimistic.
you might wanna do some research and look at the book values for "13 year old civics" before you go saying its optimistic,

obviously your car can not be in very good condition if you paid $700 bucks for it

i may remind you of a quote that YOU posted in your very first post on the forum....

"New to forum...just bought a 2001 on the cheap and it's almost roadworthy now."

"almost roadworthy" is not the condition of the current/original posters vehicle

Last edited by mikey1; 04-17-2013 at 06:00 AM.
Old 04-16-2013
Registered!!

Afaik Canadian prices are actually higher then US prices, and according to the Ontario government own used vehicle pricing a 2001 civic wholesale is $1000 and retail ( private sale) is less then 3K. Now that wouldn't account for mileage variations or any improvements to the vehicle but the OP seems to imply the civic is stock. If you'd like examples, I can show you lots of 01 Civics in very nice condition for less then 3K. I didn't realize it was rude to be honest and pragmatic. Something is worth whatever someone else is willing to pay for it. I'm just of the rather learned opinion that 2001 civics with 140K miles don't fetch $4000.

Mike
Old 04-16-2013
Registered!!

If you'd like I'll gladly post a pic of the actual gov document I'm referencing. As for denigrating anybody that's not my style. I'll give my opinion like anyone else but I never tried to demean anyone. I'm not a child. I'm old enough to have purchased a 1993 del sol brand new in 1992. My father and brother are auto mechanics so I have a little experience when it comes to cars. I guess I'm just supposed to keep quiet when someone says something that's clearly incorrect?

Mike
Old 04-16-2013
Registered!!

Just for the record here's the UVIP from the Ontario govt. Trust me if they could increase the value and by doing so increase the tax liability upon ownership transfer they would.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	24.8 KB
ID:	85041  
Old 04-17-2013
Registered!!

If you'd like I'll gladly post a pic of the actual gov document I'm referencing. As for denigrating anybody that's not my style. I'll give my opinion like anyone else but I never tried to demean anyone. I'm not a child. I'm old enough to have purchased a 1993 del sol brand new in 1992. My father and brother are auto mechanics so I have a little experience when it comes to cars. I guess I'm just supposed to keep quiet when someone says something that's clearly incorrect?

Mike
private sale is well over $5,000........

http://www.canadianblackbook.com/bla...le/4D%20Sedan/
Old 04-17-2013

I guess I'm just supposed to keep quiet when someone says something that's clearly incorrect?

Mike

You are free to speak your mind. I think what he is saying is that what is true in one area is not true in another. I do not know what canadian prices are but in most places in the US the car is work 3-5k. So in this case it looks like canada is cheaper than the US.

Even here the price depends on where you live....it is not fair to say the OP was wrong as in some places that is the "Market Value".

on a side note "Market Value" and Gov Value are two different things...the GOV or State says my car is worth 15k for tax purpases(personal property) and yet sells for 18-20k easy.(just as an example)

all things considered i would not say anyone is really wrong or right, but we have not heard from the OP in a while..so this convo is the only thing keeping this thread alive..

Old 04-17-2013
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

A car's worth is what someone wants to pay for it.
I can easily get 7-8K for my coupe here.