7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

$300 Tune Up?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NCCivicNoob is an unknown quantity at this point
$300 Tune Up?

I heard of this rumor that there is this guy in my area that is supposed to make a civic perform way better than it does now . I got a DC Sports Muffler+tip, and i will install an Injen Short ram Intake in a couple of days. Other than spark plugs and ground wire, etc.. what could this guy do to increase my performance for $300, and if this is true, is it possible to DIY?

Any comment of suggestion is greatly appreciated!
Old 03-30-2013
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: $300 Tune Up?

Send ME all that money and I will install Elephant repellent and I swear I will promise you that your car will never be smashed or bothered by an Elephant!
Old 03-30-2013
Registered!!

Yeah, I guess your right bro. Still, I wouldnt know the first place to start to get more performance out of my VTEC. I guess that is my downfall
Old 03-31-2013
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

i heard about that guy.
Old 03-31-2013
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

I want elephant repellent!

Lol.
In what detail does he say "increase performance?"

Perhaps just a dyno tune? Price sounds about right for one.
Old 03-31-2013
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NCCivicNoob
Yeah, I guess your right bro. Still, I wouldnt know the first place to start to get more performance out of my VTEC. I guess that is my downfall
Civic is an econobox.
You want a fast car? Buy a fast car.

Or be ready to spend hella loot to make a slow car fast.
Enough loot that just buying the fast car in the first place would have made much more sense.

If you manage to get the slow car to truly become fast, it most likely won't pass an emissions test (if you have to do that).
And even if you spend a killer amount, you will still give up reliability for performance.

Speed costs money. How fast do you want to go?
Old 03-31-2013
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

^ Ehhhh that's debatable...

You can buy a 1998 civic with a decent body for 2000. Spend about 5000 putting a K20 in it. Now your at 200 HP. Spend another 6000 dollars putting in a turbo or supercharger and you can push 400 horsepower or more if you really want to get into it.

Relatively speaking.... 13000 dollars for a 400hp isn't all that bad. It all depends on what route you want to go.

Money is all relative. To some people 13000 is a lot of money, others.. not so much. This is why it's hard when someone asks you to improve performance. All these mods and it will definitely pass emissions here in Canada. California, that's a different story

Now, if you buy a brand new 2013 honda civic and start looking into turbo and making it fast your into 30-40k THATS a lot of money lol.
Old 03-31-2013
Registered!!

Well, I didnt want to go out and buy a whole 'nother car. I just wanted to not F up the car I have, since it is the only one I have. But as for the tune up, I probably wont do it. I will do just little things here and there to it though.
Old 04-02-2013
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
scooty is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by BlueEM2
^ Ehhhh that's debatable...

You can buy a 1998 civic with a decent body for 2000. Spend about 5000 putting a K20 in it. Now your at 200 HP. Spend another 6000 dollars putting in a turbo or supercharger and you can push 400 horsepower or more if you really want to get into it.

Relatively speaking.... 13000 dollars for a 400hp isn't all that bad. It all depends on what route you want to go.

Money is all relative. To some people 13000 is a lot of money, others.. not so much. This is why it's hard when someone asks you to improve performance. All these mods and it will definitely pass emissions here in Canada. California, that's a different story

Now, if you buy a brand new 2013 honda civic and start looking into turbo and making it fast your into 30-40k THATS a lot of money lol.
Just out of curiosity, does that $13000, include drive line upgrades that can handle and put down 400 HP to the ground effectively? I'm talking racing clutch, reinforced trans-axle, shocks, springs and wheels and tires. I really don't see the parts on a 15 year old civic taking that kind of beating. Because for around that much you can buy cars that will make good use of 400 without extensive drive-line mods.