7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Battary Size

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2013
Looking for an Alpha Romeo GTV6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cmac84 is an unknown quantity at this point
Battary Size

Hey,

So I drove home from work, mother had a stroke so literally went back downstairs to go to the hospital and my car wouldn't turnover. Checked the starter/ good.

Boosted it, and checked the alternator which is outputting 13.7a.

What size battary would you reccommend for a 2001 lx coupe with 20watt rear speakers and 5 watt fronts. No additional amp (I know its only outputting 5 to the rears but figured I'd throw that out there)

Perhaps cold weather + busy roads due to heavy snowfall and sitting in traffic is the problem, perhaps my idle is to low. What you guys think? Idles at about 500-700rpm

Last edited by Cmac84; 02-08-2013 at 01:01 PM. Reason: idlespeed
Old 02-08-2013
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future
Re: Battary Size

different battery brand will have different specs for their battery. i would look into the optima or odyssey
Old 02-08-2013
Registered!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
mikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of light

personally i normally just buy the cheapest battery available from a parts store, which have always lasted me 5+ years....doesnt really matter what accessories you have....your battery only has one job, that is to start your engine, thats it.....once your engine is running all the power is coming from your alternator
Old 02-08-2013
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

The best budget battery believe it or not is the walmart brand everstart maxx. They are cheaper than anywhere else and are still made by Johnson Controls so the quality will be there regardless of price.
If I recall it has a pretty good replacement warranty too. The best thing about buying a walmart battery is walmart is EVERYWHERE so no matter where your battery dies, one will be around the corner where you can cash in your warranty.

Odyssey if your going for a top of the line expensive *** battery.

Don't buy optima...