7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

D17A2 Auto Turbo Build

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
D17ERIK is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation D17A2 Auto Turbo Build

My goal is to stay aroun 2-3k or a lil more. So far my parts list is...
My goal is around 190whp, 180tq
Stage 1 cam
B & M Auto trans cooler
Godspeed Turbo kit @ 9psi
440 cc Injectors
255 Walbaro Fuel Pump
HKS BOV
Port and polish Head
Forged pistons but dont know what rods i need?
all the gauges nessicary
Aem cam gear
Aem fuel Management system
Raceland coil over set
Race motor mounts
New seals and gaskets all around
Now for the tune im not to sure yet. Idk what tune is nessicary for this type of mod. But if anybody out there knows id much apprecitate it.! And if im missing something please let me know.
Old 01-17-2013
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: D17A2 Auto Turbo Build

Do a metric butt ton of research before diving into this. 2-3k for your budget won't cut it.

K-pro is the best EMS unit to use, and that alone will run you about $1100 plus a donor k-series ECU. Research shops around your area that knows what they're doing so they can tune your car properly.

here are a few links to look at
https://www.civicforums.com/forums/7...it-review.html
https://www.civicforums.com/forums/7...turbo-faq.html
https://www.civicforums.com/forums/7...july-07-a.html
Old 01-18-2013
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

It's going to cost you a lot more than you initially think. Like everything else once all the little stuff piles it increases the expensive by a lot.
Old 01-20-2013
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

plus not sure how the trans will hold... they already fails a lot with stock power...
Old 01-20-2013
Registered!!

Would it just be better to covert my car to standard and take it from there or swap the entire thing with another motor.? I dont want a k20 but a b16a or b18c5 would be nice.
Old 01-20-2013
PITA Admin
Administrator

sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

b-series are for older cars, which had to meet older emission standards. You will need to check your state laws to know if they are even legal. I hear most states it's not, since you have a newer chassis with an older engine (even if they might meet emissions standards for that year, it might been easier just to say no. - too many car makers and too many models from each maker, and the comibnation - i can relate to the legislators on that...)

would just be easier to find a manual shift car, actually, unless you too attached to it or too many mods already in it.

ah, stage 1 is not the one designed for turbo, BTW...
Old 01-21-2013
Administrator
Administrator

xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

you can boost with a stage 1 if you want.

Also, a B-series in a 7thgen is not legal, at least not in the US.
Old 01-22-2013
Busy Speeding!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SlimRisk is a jewel in the roughSlimRisk is a jewel in the roughSlimRisk is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx
Do a metric butt ton of research before diving into this. 2-3k for your budget won't cut it.

K-pro is the best EMS unit to use, and that alone will run you about $1100 plus a donor k-series ECU. Research shops around your area that knows what they're doing so they can tune your car properly.

here are a few links to look at
https://www.civicforums.com/forums/7...it-review.html
https://www.civicforums.com/forums/7...turbo-faq.html
https://www.civicforums.com/forums/7...july-07-a.html
God damn why do people think kpro is so expensive? You can get a used rsx ecu for ~$200 and get v3 kpro put on that for $675.
Old 01-22-2013
Registered!!

What about it i run the boost on a lower level such as 6lbs? instead of my initial 9. i know i wont hit 190 hp but at least over 150whp.
Old 01-22-2013
Administrator
Administrator

Originally Posted by SlimRisk
God damn why do people think kpro is so expensive? You can get a used rsx ecu for ~$200 and get v3 kpro put on that for $675.
I'll admit, I'm just going off of the last figure I saw on hondata's website.. That was a while ago.. lol. Maybe I'm lazy for not looking it up, but it's a start.
Old 01-23-2013
Registered!!

Is there a way to make the auto tranny stronger in anyway?? Like so it wont go out on me.?
Old 01-27-2013
Busy Speeding!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SlimRisk is a jewel in the roughSlimRisk is a jewel in the roughSlimRisk is a jewel in the rough

Not really. You can get a rebuild kit but I believe those are for manuals. The d17 engine is not very popular and not a lot of aftermarket parts were made for it. I suggest swapping in a k20 engine. That'll be around $3000 is you spend your money right. You auto tranny will not stand a beating and a manual will take much more abuse
Old 01-27-2013
PITA Admin
Administrator

at the same time he posted and kept asking, there were about 3 threads talking about failed auto trans going on in the same page, so we did not bother answering... he must have seen that or searched, non? hopefully? oh, dear!
Old 01-27-2013
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

OP, if you're only looking to get above 150hp, you'd be better off, and cheaper swapping in a K20a3.

B series are not legal in the 7thg in the states.
Old 01-27-2013
Registered!!

Artificial has a spectacular aura aboutArtificial has a spectacular aura aboutArtificial has a spectacular aura about

I could point you to someone selling a k24a1 for $350 and someone with 5 speed tranny for $125, but they're nowhere near you. I figured for roughly $1600-$1900, the swap could be done. But, unfortunately I don't have a true reason to put that money in my car.