7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Radio Antenna

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SenorAlejandro is an unknown quantity at this point
Radio Antenna

Hello all. I have an 01 Civic LX Coupe and I was wondering if there was a way to run the fender-mounted antenna to the roof of the car. Can this be done? And if so, how so?
Old 01-01-2013
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Radio Antenna

The radio antenna is built into rear window grid.

What is on your fender?
Old 01-01-2013
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
johndeerebones is a jewel in the roughjohndeerebones is a jewel in the roughjohndeerebones is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by ezone
The radio antenna is built into rear window grid.

What is on your fender?
Ya, he's right. I've thought of moving mine from the rear glass to the roof or the fender though with a "whip" style. The rear defroster grid being so close in proximity makes interference in the radio. Plus you can get an aftermarket grid that will cover all the windows instead of a third of it The stock wire plugs to the stock antenna booster in the trunk, if yours is stock you can find it there. The booster is a black box about 3" square. (If yours is in the fender to begin with though it isn't stock, don't really know off hand where the connectors are.
Old 01-01-2013
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
johndeerebones is a jewel in the roughjohndeerebones is a jewel in the roughjohndeerebones is a jewel in the rough

Not to highjack, but anyone searching may find this thread and be helped....

A complete stick kit, (everything that sticks to the class, since the wiring etc is there on our cars we don't need the whole kit), is only $30-35. If you have something else it is only around $50 bucks for the wiring too. If you are a diyer like me that is cheaper than getting the back glass replaced to fix a non repairable grid (the same company sells repair kits too, mine is so damaged before I got it the bottom 3 lines are non functional anyway, sucky when 6 inches or so is all that melts snow and ice
Old 01-03-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SenorAlejandro is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you!! I don't know why I was under the impression the antenna was fender-mounted...this actually helped and I plan to follow through with this. Thanks a lot.