7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

Need help deciding what to purchase

Old 10-17-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
apocalypto is an unknown quantity at this point
Need help deciding what to purchase

alright guys, just want to get some opinions

I have been wanting to get a car lately. I really like hatchbacks and have been looking mainly at the mazda3, golf and the impreza and have thought about getting the new 2013 BRZ. Bottom line I want something fun to drive...

Today I kinda got caught off guard by a 05 civic si ep3. I honestly haven't been looking for cars older than 09 and mainly been looking for cars between 10-15k and around 50k miles. so its weird that i find myself thinking about this civic, but wanted to ask your opinions.
http://corpuschristi.craigslist.org/cto/3303913065.html

what would you guys do spend less money and get the civic (saving money is always nice) or spend the extra cash and get something newer, with less miles?
Old 10-17-2012
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Need help deciding what to purchase

i would not buy a VW there good drivers cars but there not reliable the mazda i here are fast and fun the imprez is reliable and the 4 wheel comes in handy especially in snow the civic is fun cheap and reliable but if i could afford a brz id personally would get that even with its bugs. so in this order brz,imprez,honda,mazda,
Old 10-17-2012
Registered!!

So what do you think on the price? I am a terrible haggler and not sure how much wiggle room there is on this type of car.

I was hopping to get a couple more responses, I cant find a civic forum with lots of members.
Old 10-17-2012
Registered!!

lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

http://www.kbb.com/
http://www.nada.com/
Old 10-17-2012
Registered!!

ya deff looked it up already but Ive only purchased one car before and barely haggled so was just wanting some input. hes actually asking for a fair price.
Old 10-17-2012
Registered!!

well then if the car is modified in anyway that can drop the value say those tail lights look aftermarket to me oem replacements would cost alot. also he wrote obo so if you have the cash in hand ready to go low ball him see if he bites. i see those around here going for alot less.
http://westernmass.craigslist.org/cto/3340406407.html

Last edited by lowlife9; 10-17-2012 at 07:28 PM.
Old 10-17-2012
Registered!!

hey thanks for the link.

I went to look at it and it was in ok shape cosmetically, rims where lightly scuff, kick plate on driver side was pealing, coffee stains on seats. I was still thinking about it until I notice the check engine light. he said it was a 02 sencor so we took it to an auto shop n come to find out there were 7 codes:

cylinder 1,2,3,4 and random misfire
02 censor bad
catalyst system efficiency below mins

so I am thinking its a no go.
Old 10-17-2012
Registered!!

sucks that people can't be honest and try to scam you.
Old 03-08-2014
Registered!!

jermuk is an unknown quantity at this point

Try this one:

HONDA CIVIC 2013
VIN 19XFB2F86DE241507
Old 03-08-2014
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jermuk
Rollover.
Insurance claim as a total loss.

That means any factory warranty should have been cancelled.