7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

engine air filter

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sicken04 will become famous soon enough
engine air filter

not sure why this is happening or if i should even worry but my engine air filters not even dirty its still the same one from when i bought the car and its still looks like it came out of the package while my cabins filters are dirty . should i worry about this or just be happy i somehow got a magic air "filter"
Old 10-16-2012
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future
Re: engine air filter

how many miles do you have on your engine air filter? looks can be very deceiving because crap and dirt can be trapped on a microscopic level.

do you have a stock filter? there is no need to get an aftermarket "magic" filter. just get a oem or oem spec replacement filter.

they're cheap. about $15 at your local autostore/walmart
Old 10-16-2012
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

and as for cabin filters...yea, replace that. i replace mine every year... just because i like to breath clean filter air when i have my AC on...plus it takes a little less stress off the AC.
Old 10-16-2012
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

You have had your car what, like only 2 months?

Stay out of there. Follow the manual for services.
Check the air filter like 30,000 miles from now.
That's the normal replacement interval, and some aren't very dirty at all when I change them.
Others are freekin FILTHY.

JizzyLube places will try to sell you another air filter every time you get an oil change there. They might even show you one that is horribly filthy just to get you to buy theirs.
They will tell you that a new air filter will improve your gas mileage too. That's false, even though far too many people believe it wholeheartedly.
Old 10-21-2012
Registered!!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Dobber1 is a jewel in the roughDobber1 is a jewel in the roughDobber1 is a jewel in the rough

Are you sure you are looking at the correct side of the engine filter? When you pull the cabin filter, the dirt's visible. When you uncover the engine filter, the dirt is on the underside. Just checking...