7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Power window troubles

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Weekendmechanic is an unknown quantity at this point
Power window troubles

The right (passenger) power window in 2002 civic went down and won't come up. I checked fuses, motor/regulator, switch and master switch. Nothing has worked. I can feel the motor engage when pressing the down button, but not when i try and raise it. Pulled the window out so it's not because the windows binding.
Any suggestions would be welcome
Old 10-06-2012
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Power window troubles

more than likely a bad master switch. had it happen quite a few times and when opened up, the passenger side has burnt residue. you can clean it up with alcohol and reassemble as a temp fix, but eventually it will happen again. i finally just got a new switch and so far its been fine for few yrs. is your passenger side single window switch working? if not then its prolly a bad window regulator/motor.
Old 10-06-2012
Registered!!

raymondxcho is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't mean to thread jack but my passenger side window goes up and down a lot slower than my driver side. I'm not very good with electronics so I don't know where exactly to look for the problem. I took off the door panel and cleaned the track or w/e you call it that the window slides on. Greased it, it didn't help much. And for some reason, it is slower when it's coming up. And a lot slower when it's cold.

Do you guys know what the issue might be?
Old 10-06-2012
Registered!!

Thanks for the reply. I switched out the motor and regulator, same problem. Then I switched out the single passenger switch, that didn't do it either, so I replaced the master switch on the drivers side. Still didn't work. I'm running out of ideas.
Old 10-06-2012
Registered!!

Hi Raymond, did you take the window out and clean and lube the track all the way down into the door? Could just be debris deep in the channel. Did you use dry lubricant like graphite spray?
Old 10-06-2012
Registered!!

raymondxcho is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah I took off the door panel, and I actually used garage door lubricant since that was the only seemingly suitable lubricant that I had. I also cleaned it with alcohol before that. There really wasn't any debris or that much dirt to begin with though.
Old 11-05-2013
Registered!!

ezydenco is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a 2002 Civic LX. The rear passenger window will go down but not up. I tested the regulator on the other door and it works. I replaced the master switch. Any ideas would be appreciated about where else to look. Thanks.