7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

To hubcap or not to hubcap?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hasibmoeen is an unknown quantity at this point
To hubcap or not to hubcap?

So this is the deal. I bought an '01 civic dx coupe, but it's blue and I wasn't happy with how it looked.

So I went and smoked the head/tail lights and got the windows tinted 20% all over this morning. Now it looks better but needs a wash badly but there are a couple of things that are sort of bothering me about the car's look, these include:
a) the Honda Emblem is not there at the front
b) the front grill, emblem spot, and the small plastic outline thingy above the grill have all been painted over blue as well (not sure if they came in different colours than the car's original colour but it's all blue on blue basically.. which I don't like)
c) tires look too small and stock hubcaps look ugly to me. Now I find out 2 of the hubcaps (wheel covers to some) are cracked up and that makes me want to replace them even more.

My questions to you guys:

a) If I buy a new Honda emblem for the front, should I get it in silver (same as the back end emblem), or should I maybe get the emblems sprayed black (to match the smoked lights/tint)? Also, how bad would it be to have the front emblem a different colour than the stock rear emblem? This is because a lot of the emblems they sell on ebay and whatnot aren't very stock looking and are red/gold/etc.

b) Should I paint the grill black? And how exactly would I go about that, like can I possibly plasti-dip it without removing it?

c) I can't afford new tires and new, bigger rims, so I'm thinking about just getting some clean hub caps. The stock ones looks pretty ugly, but I don't plan on going all out ricer with this. I plan on getting similar colour ones that look just a tad more sporty (i.e something that looks like an '02 pontiac sunfire's stock rims).

Should I get new hubcaps or will it look uncool? If getting new hubcaps is a yes, should I go for something that looks more stock, or should I get some black one's that will match my tint/smoked lights?

Thanks to all for the input I'm new to civicforums, hope to learn a lot from here.

Last edited by hasibmoeen; 08-25-2012 at 11:55 PM.
Old 08-26-2012
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
scooty is on a distinguished road
Re: To hubcap or not to hubcap?

Don't waste money on hubcaps. wider tires, like 205's on some nice 15's or 16's do wonders for these cars without straying too far from the stock wheel size, or sacrificing road comfort.

just start saving up and keep checking ebay and craigs or even on here You'll find a deal sooner or later.
Old 08-26-2012
Registered!!

hasibmoeen is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by scooty
Don't waste money on hubcaps. wider tires, like 205's on some nice 15's or 16's do wonders for these cars without straying too far from the stock wheel size, or sacrificing road comfort.

just start saving up and keep checking ebay and craigs or even on here You'll find a deal sooner or later.
Yeah but hubbies are like $50, sometimes even less. When you're talking about getting bigger tires and rims that could run up to the 400's or even more if the rims are decent.

I don't know if it's a good idea to spend that much
Old 08-26-2012
skate or die

Tragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to all

IF that is the case, go for it. If you like it, then that is great. Some of the new hubcaps look good.