7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Power Locks and Factory Key Questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ThatDude is an unknown quantity at this point
Power Locks and Factory Key Questions

Some questions....

- my factory key works but its not smooth as it should be. you have to sort of play with it in the ignition & trunk. went to the dealership & was told its around $180 for a new one. any way to get one for less?

- is there any way to unlock all the doors besides flicking the switch on the drivers side? is there any way to lock all of them besides the switch?

- when i flick that switch down ^^ to lock the doors, they all lock except the drivers. i have to push it down in manually. heard this was a common issue for Hondas. any way to fix this?

Thanks
Old 08-22-2012
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: Power Locks and Factory Key Questions

-look here for your key:
http://www.amazingkeys.com/

- you can use the driver switch or passenger switch to lock/unlock all the doors. Or key fob if you keyless entry.

- When you push the lock button on the driver side you have to pull out your door handle in order for the drivers door to lock. Pull driver door handle then press lock button on door.
Old 08-22-2012
Registered!!

^^thanks.

- i don't have a passenger switch to unlock the doors..? it's a 01 Lx. theres only a window switch on the passenger side

- is there any way to bypass pulling the door handle to lock the driver door? i know Honda did it so you wont accidentaly lock your keys inside but its annoying
Old 08-22-2012
Prelude Owner

GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

-I actually don't have a lock button on the passenger door either, I have an 01 Lx also. I was thinking I did but I was thinking of my other Honda I had.

-you can take the door panel off and find what wire the door handle is hooked to and either ground it, or connect it to +12v to make the car think its pulled. I don't know what wire it is but if you have a multimeter you could find out.
Old 08-22-2012
Registered!!

Its annoying how t heres no way to turn the key to the left twice or something like that & unlock all the doors...
Old 08-22-2012
Prelude Owner

Yea, I guess cause its a base car. My 94 accord did that. Install keyless entry and your good!
Old 08-23-2012
Registered!!

What exactly is keyless entry? i want to eventualy install a alarm in the car because i plan on keeping it for a while
Old 08-23-2012
Prelude Owner

This is a keyless entry system:
Amazon Amazon

You can get alarms that have keyless entry also, so you can get both. You can also get keyless entry, alarm, and remote start all together.