7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Rear License Plates

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ThatDude is an unknown quantity at this point
Rear License Plates

Im putting a system in my 01 civic eventualy & put the thin, closed cell Weatherstripping foam on the back of my rear license plate today to keep it from rattling when i do install the system. I made a border around the edges with it & put 2 horizontal strips in the middle of the plate. We only have 2 holes for screws on the back plate so I stuck it back on but the bottom half of the plate is kinda poking out, its not flush against the car. I guess the foam is kind of causing it to stick out.

This wont cause any problems or anything right? Maybe i shouldnt have put so much foam
i have no idea how flush against the car the plate is without any kind of foam. As soon as I got it in the mail, I put foam on.

Last edited by ThatDude; 08-21-2012 at 09:38 PM.
Old 08-21-2012
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Rear License Plates

you will most likely be arrested and put in jail your life will be ruined.
Old 08-21-2012
Registered!!

Im not asking if cops are gonna do anything. I could care less about them. Im talking about problems with the plate or my car
Old 08-21-2012
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

might cause some rust over time when the foam wears down the paint and traps water. i didnt use any foam and my plate is nowhere near touching the car.
Old 08-22-2012
"Come to terms with your slow *** whip"

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
rjones7755 is a jewel in the roughrjones7755 is a jewel in the roughrjones7755 is a jewel in the roughrjones7755 is a jewel in the rough

Yeah you could've just slightly bent the plate out...thats what i did.
Old 08-22-2012
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

take a picture of the plate print it out and have it laminated attach to car and no more rattles.
Old 08-22-2012
Registered!!

what are those 2 little black foam pieces attached to the car where the license plate is? i think one of my foam strips is laying on top of them and making the plate pop out a little more. oh well ,as long as it doesnt fly off or move around
Old 08-22-2012
Registered!!

Aetoc will become famous soon enoughAetoc will become famous soon enough

It will be fine like it is
Old 08-22-2012
Registered!!

I dont want to make a new thread so ill ask this here.....

What size and type screws do i need for the front plate? I know its the same as the rear but i dont want to take it off & go to the store with 1 screw like that. Thanks.....
Old 08-26-2012
Registered!!

hasibmoeen is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ThatDude
I dont want to make a new thread so ill ask this here.....

What size and type screws do i need for the front plate? I know its the same as the rear but i dont want to take it off & go to the store with 1 screw like that. Thanks.....
self tapping screws, any size smaller than the plate's holes at the screw's point and (to make it easy) larger than the plate's holes at the screw's butt. If you find some self tapping screws that are a little too small at the butt, just get some washers and it'll hold down the plate perfectly.