7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

Can I Use This Wire?

Old 08-12-2012
Busy Speeding!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SlimRisk is a jewel in the roughSlimRisk is a jewel in the roughSlimRisk is a jewel in the rough
Can I Use This Wire?

Okay so I have my indiglo gauges wired to come on with my parking lights. Now I was wondering if I could dim them. I found on the gauge clusters blue connector, we have a red wire that I believe is the dimmer, but it's switched to ground. Another wire I might be able to use is the orange dimmer wire that you don't use when installing your HU. Not the illumination wire. Do you guys think either of these options would work?
Old 08-12-2012
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future
Re: Can I Use This Wire?

UnFortunately with those gauges you can't dim them
Old 08-12-2012
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

use the black/red wire in the blue cluster connector. its for dash/park and is dimmable. i had my indiglo hooked there for years no problem. but just curious, doesnt the gauge control come with its own dimmer? i remember mine had a brightness control and also a blue/green color switch (the old style full indiglos). i still miss those sometimes.
Old 08-13-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aetoc will become famous soon enoughAetoc will become famous soon enough

Yea, that's kinda strange, cause mine have their own dimmer control that works great.
Old 08-13-2012
Busy Speeding!!

SlimRisk is a jewel in the roughSlimRisk is a jewel in the roughSlimRisk is a jewel in the rough

Gearbox - I have the exact same controller as you with the blue/green switch. They are dimmable on that switch but I thought it might be cleaner to wire it to the factory dimmer
Old 08-14-2012
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

you can try, but i dont think it would work like that. the dimming is different on the stock dash compared to the indiglo **** due to the indiglos using an ac to dc inverter. its technically not compatible with automotive electricals and without the inverter, the gauges wouldnt work. you can try hooking the inverter to the dash light wire, but i doubt it would do anything because the inverter is always expecting a full 12v to function properly.