7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

New Civic Owner Here!

Old 08-11-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
willh108 is an unknown quantity at this point
New Civic Owner Here!

Hey yall! First time owner of a 2003 civic ex! First car that i've ever bought too so i'm pretty pumped about it! Its all stock and really clean (93k miles) i got a pretty good price on it too.

First of all: considering i've never owned a civic before what are some things i need to know about these cars? any maintenance or mechanical needs that are different from other cars? I know a big one is the timing belt. I've heard get it changed anywhere from 110k miles to 120k miles?

Second of all: one of the few things that is wrong with the car is that at one point it was stolen and once recovered sent to auction. I was told that they'll replace the ignition but not the door locks so the key will work in the door lock occasionally but not every time (as you can imagine this poses a certain set of problems such as possibly not getting into my car) The prev. owner did not have the remote unlock button so i'm stuck using the key. What are my options here? I've looked for lock cylinders online and can't seem to find any, do i go to the dealer to order one? If i had them do it how much would you estimate that it would run me in terms of price? I understand that you can rekey the cylinder yourself but i am not the best with those types of things. so what are my options?