7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Accident-collision with a trunk. Ask for advice for price of repairing

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sugar is an unknown quantity at this point
Accident-collision with a trunk. Ask for advice for price of repairing

Hi, guys, I collided with a truck several days ago. I have uploaded several pics. Can anyone tell me whether its serious or not. How much I gonna pay for repair it,I don't wanna a totally new one. Thank you. My car is 02 Honda Civic Coupe EX
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1500 2.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	83829   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1502.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	75.3 KB
ID:	83830  
Old 08-06-2012
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Accident-collision with a trunk. Ask for advice for price of repairing

going to need obviously a new bumper,hood,fendor,door possibly the headlight you can find used parts here http://www.car-part.com/ or you can go after market on the hood,fendor and bumper here www.certifit.com also you can search ebay or craigslist.
Old 08-06-2012
Registered!!

sugar is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lowlife9
going to need obviously a new bumper,hood,fendor,door possibly the headlight you can find used parts here http://www.car-part.com/ or you can go after market on the hood,fendor and bumper here www.certifit.com also you can search ebay or craigslist.
Do you think its still safe to drive this car before repair?
Old 08-06-2012
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

i was under the impression you already had the car checked for damage regarding the suspension components and other mechanicals. i can't personally answer that question.
Old 08-07-2012
Registered!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
mikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by sugar
How much I gonna pay for repair it
wont your insurance cover it?

that looks like big bucks to me....new hood, bumper, door, fender, headlight plus painting....and that is not including anything i can not see....you could have damage to the suspension or steering....

at least a few grand
Old 08-10-2012
Registered!!

kami6666 is an unknown quantity at this point

I had a very similar accident a few weeks ago. Don't worry cause it is highly unlikely that you've damaged anything serious (though it's possible). 01-05 civic's body wrinkles in accidents pretty fast. I repaired the car myself. I can give you a few pointers and help you if you wanna do it yourself. If you take it to a body shop, they'll charge you big box. You can get the fender and bumper done and take the rest to a shop. This way you save a lot.