7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

Traction control, now available via hondata!

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2012
Autocross Padawan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Zeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of light
Traction control, now available via hondata!

Saw this from evans-tuning... not sure how I feel about it. Either way an awesome feature nonetheless

http://store.evans-tuning.com/hondat...n-control.html

"Hondata Traction Control works by monitoring the ABS wheel speed sensors and reducing engine output when excessive wheel-spin is detected. A dash mountable switch allows the selection of different target slip rates, and software allows the system to be tuned for your specific vehicle setup."
Old 07-25-2012
"Come to terms with your slow *** whip"

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
rjones7755 is a jewel in the roughrjones7755 is a jewel in the roughrjones7755 is a jewel in the roughrjones7755 is a jewel in the rough
Re: Traction control, now available via hondata!

Ive never thought traction control was very necessary for a fwd car but to each his own
Old 07-26-2012
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

can our little engine's even break traction?????

jk jk. obviously if u run hondata you're not riding with stock ponies.
Old 07-26-2012
Registered!!

05gen7ex is an unknown quantity at this point

do our cars even have ABS? the few times i have had to brake quickly my brakes have locked up, so i dont think we do? if they dont then traction control would not do anything right?
Old 07-26-2012
Registered!!

raymondxcho is an unknown quantity at this point

I feel like our Civic's ABS system is very primitive. I know it works but my wheels still lock lol
Old 07-26-2012
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by 05gen7ex
do our cars even have ABS? the few times i have had to brake quickly my brakes have locked up, so i dont think we do? if they dont then traction control would not do anything right?
yes and no. ONLY the EX and SI (US models) have ABS. the DX, VP, LX does NOT have ABS.

Originally Posted by raymondxcho
I feel like our Civic's ABS system is very primitive. I know it works but my wheels still lock lol
ABS works fantastic on our cars. you wheels should never lock if you abs works... either there is something wrong with your abs or you dont have the EX/SI trim.
Old 07-26-2012
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

holy cow! that would have helped me a lot in canada winters but i got to be better driver for modulating the throttle better after that 2 winters in there :P
ABS saved my *** a few times too...
Old 07-26-2012
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
scooty is on a distinguished road

My 03 lx has ABS that works very well.

It self installed in my right leg over the course of 8 years driving winters in wisonsin and illinois.