7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Turbo timer not working!

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HbrandNinja will become famous soon enough
Turbo timer not working!

So i just got my cheap no name brand turbo timer and installed it and now it doesnt work! It gets power, you can set it and everything, but then when you take the key out the car shuts off and it starts counting down. Why?
Old 07-25-2012
Registered!!

Re: Turbo timer not working!

Nothing huh? this is the third post in a row that i get no responses or help from anybody, this forum isnt very informative.
Old 07-25-2012
Registered!!

georgeliza02 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have the same prob I ask questions but get no response. it may be that its setup to count down as a saftey tool for it to shutoff.
Old 07-25-2012
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

Your first problem is probably because it's a "cheap no name timer". Second there is probably a shut down sequence that you have to do in order for it to take the car over. I have a turbo timer option on my remote start. In order to activate it you have to put the e brake on, hit a button on the key fob then take the key out. Or it could be wired wrong. I have never used a turbo timer or instaled one, but I would think that it would wire into your ignition like a remote start.
Old 07-25-2012
Registered!!

Originally Posted by GolNat
Your first problem is probably because it's a "cheap no name timer". Second there is probably a shut down sequence that you have to do in order for it to take the car over. I have a turbo timer option on my remote start. In order to activate it you have to put the e brake on, hit a button on the key fob then take the key out. Or it could be wired wrong. I have never used a turbo timer or instaled one, but I would think that it would wire into your ignition like a remote start.
just because its a cheap timer doesnt mean i dont deserve some advice. I know all about the e brake and where the wiring goes in the ignition, i was wondering if there is a certain way i had to program the actual unit to keep the car running without the key in the ignition or if i should be looking at something else....but i gotta say thank you for atleast putting in your two cents which is more then anybody else.
Old 07-25-2012
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

It is a bit hard to help you program a turbo timer we know absolutely nothing about, so sorry we couldn't help you there. Also, just because you've had pretty shitty luck with your (now) last 3 threads doesn't mean this isn't a helpful forum. This place has helped me out so much over the last decade, just kinda sucks that the knowledge base has diminished significantly. My apologies on behalf of the forum for not stepping up and trying to help you out for the last three threads you've posted.

but, to try and get you on track... Perhaps you could double check all your wiring, using our DIY guide as a general guideline.
https://www.civicforums.com/forums/1...rbo-timer.html
I know it's kinda specific to the GReddy full auto timer, but installation should be just about the same.

Just a thought, but it could also have something to do with the immobilizer unit. As you may know, the car doesn't like to run without the properly programmed key in the ignition. Your installation may have been in such a manner that it didn't bypass the immobilizer unit. Again, I'm just pulling ideas out of my ***, since I haven't personally installed a turbo timer, nor have I looked over your installation, but it is worth taking a look at.

Let us know what you find, could be useful for future reference.
Old 07-26-2012
Prelude Owner

GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx
Just a thought, but it could also have something to do with the immobilizer unit. As you may know, the car doesn't like to run without the properly programmed key in the ignition. Your installation may have been in such a manner that it didn't bypass the immobilizer unit.
I forgot about that. That is probably what's wrong. I looked at the instalation instructions for the GReddy unit and didn't see it mention a bypass module being needed but I don't know how you wouldn't. I had to get one for my remote start but maybe once the car is started it doesn't need the immobilizer to be active. In the instal DIY there was a mention of an extra 12v wire. If you have an extra output then that could be used to power up a bypass module.
Old 07-26-2012
Registered!!

I agree that there is some great info in this forum that was posted long ago, i was just trying to say what you basically summed up which is...these days it seems there arent very many helpful people left still posting. I never seen that diy turbo timer thread till you just posted it, i even used the search box too! So thank you very much for posting that link for me to check out it will help alot to go in and double check some things. The immobilizer is kind of confusing me cause i had the alarm system removed by a honda dealer a few months ago and asked them to make sure the immobilizer wouldnt come on again, then when i hooked up a scan tool to it and looked under the PID data it says
immobilizer: on
so i'm still tryin to figure that out to. I'm wondering if they took the alarm system out and didnt touch the immobilizer so it just stayed on or does it do like the rest of the inputs and outputs of our shitty ecu and fight you every step of the way when you try to change something and then just reset itself? I know its a little off topic but since it got brought up i'm curios if the immobilizer is my problem with the turbo timer aswell. Thanks again though.
Old 07-26-2012
Prelude Owner

You can test the immobilizer by getting a key made at an auto parts or home store, then try to start the car. If the immobilizer is actually bypassed or disabled then the car will start. If it doesn't then I would go back to the dealer and talk to them.
Old 07-26-2012
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,441 Likes on 1,197 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

haha...
sorry, never had a turbo so i let the others that have tried to answer...
Old 07-28-2012
Registered!!

Originally Posted by GolNat
You can test the immobilizer by getting a key made at an auto parts or home store, then try to start the car. If the immobilizer is actually bypassed or disabled then the car will start. If it doesn't then I would go back to the dealer and talk to them.
damn thats a good idea, i feel pretty stupid for not thinking of that, thanx.