7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

Power Window Malfunction-help!

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
got2run5 will become famous soon enoughgot2run5 will become famous soon enough
Power Window Malfunction-help!

Recently my passenger side window stopped working. I found that from the passenger switch it gos up but not down. From the driver side switch it doesn't do anything (driver side window works just fine). Before I knew the window would roll up, I put in a new motor/regulator. It still wouldn't go down. I figured it was the master switch so I tested a new one but the window still wouldn't go down. None of the fuses are blown. I'm not really sure where to go from here. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
Old 06-26-2012
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Power Window Malfunction-help!

Unplug the passengers window switch.

Get a voltmeter.

Green/black wire should have B+
Blu/red and blu/wht should both show as grounded.
Do they?

Blu/red should become positive (B+) when the master switch is pulled up. The other wire should stay negative (ground).

Blu/wht should become positive (B+) when the master switch is pushed down. The other wire should stay negative (ground).
Do they? (NOTE: I might have these backwards--down/up!)

Yes to all: Probably needs the passengers window switch.
No? Wiring problem or master problem.
Old 06-27-2012
Registered!!

Haha, just saw your post this morning and I ended up figuring it out last night. Found a wiring diagram for the power window circuit and used a test light to check connections. The blue/red wire coming off of the passenger switch that connects to the master switch has a break in it somewhere. I could be wrong, but it seems according to the diagram that these should never be positive ->
Blu/red should become positive (B+) when the master switch is pulled up. The other wire should stay negative (ground).

Blu/wht should become positive (B+) when the master switch is pushed down. The other wire should stay negative (ground).
Do they? (NOTE: I might have these backwards--down/up!)
I've narrowed down the break in the blue/red to about 2 feet of wire wrapped between the passenger side and the drivers side. I might pull out the climate control/hu thing to see if I can see more of it, otherwise I might just patch in 2 feet worth of wire. My car looks like crap--all the plastic paneling in front besides for the dash is pulled off. Might decide to finally put new speakers in front while I'm there lol. Thanks for the help!
Old 06-27-2012
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by got2run5
. I could be wrong, but it seems according to the diagram that these should never be positive ->
Study the wiring diagram.

At rest, both are grounded.

Each one becomes positive as you operate the master switch one way or the other.

HTH
Old 06-27-2012
Registered!!

Oh, I see that now. Wasn't studying the master switch.
Old 07-26-2012
Registered!!

JohnVirginia is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by got2run5
Oh, I see that now. Wasn't studying the master switch.
I am looking for a way to jumper the master switch plug or the front passenger door switch so I can roll the passenger window up/down using the passenger door switch. The black switch inside the master switch for the front pass door (there are four) shorted and also burned the print circuit under it. Now neither the master switch for the pass door or the pass door switch operate the pass window. All other door windows work fine from both master switch and the door up and down. I could remove the black burned switch and jumper on the circuit board if I knew which points to connect with a wire. (I am assuming when the blk switch shorted it killed the power or some needed connection to the pass door switch (there are five wires going into the pass door switch)