7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Seats won't go back far enough

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sdaugh7261 is an unknown quantity at this point
Seats won't go back far enough

I have a 2001 lx, I'm 6'3" and my knees ride on the dash with the seat going back as far as it will go, I need more room or i'm gonna lose my mind. I have it adjusted all the way down and back. still my knees ride....Should have bought a charger.....
Old 06-24-2012
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Seats won't go back far enough

You feel like this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phHZ2HOkn8s
Old 06-24-2012

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

IDK what happened there, first link was totally wrong....Had to relink it.

Anyway, all I can think of is to yank the seat out and see if something can be modified, either where the rails mount to the floor, or where the seat mounts to the rails.
Know anyone that can weld really good?

Short of going to an aftermarket seat and still having to modify and fabricate to make THAT work, that's all I can think of at the moment.

It seems far easier to modify for a short person than for a tall person.
Old 06-24-2012
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
anibis will become famous soon enoughanibis will become famous soon enough

Is the seat going all the way back? There might be a coin or something jammed in there.
Old 06-24-2012
Registered!!

I feel just like Hightower, it's very annoying, I can't drive long ways without my legs being al crunched.
Old 06-24-2012
Registered!!

cannon is an unknown quantity at this point

idk if it matters but i have an 02 lx and im 6 3 also and i have plenty of space..i would make sure nothing is in the way of moving the seat back all the way
Old 06-24-2012

Originally Posted by cannon
idk if it matters but i have an 02 lx and im 6 3 also and i have plenty of space..i would make sure nothing is in the way of moving the seat back all the way

Ron White: "I'm between 6'2" and 6'6" depending on which convenience store I'm leaving....."

I'm only 5'8" and I move almost every seat in every car all the way back as far as it can go. I'd hate to be much taller.
Old 06-24-2012
Registered!!

Yea for me most of my height comes in they ol femur bones. checked the seat its is far as it goes back. most be some kind of aftermarket seat brakets or something.
Old 06-26-2012
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
scooty is on a distinguished road

You will run into all sorts of seat belt alignment issues and potential airbag safety concerns if you attempt to relocate the seat brackets to allow for more leg room.

You'll also need to modify the floor by drilling, tapping and reinforcing new mounting holes for the seat rails. Take it to a shop that does custom stereo installations, they might be able to help you out.
Old 06-26-2012

I can't picture a stereo shop tackling something like this effectively at all.

Not sure if moving the seat back like (SWAG) 3 inches (?) would make a big difference in the SRS. Maybe the left side of the belt on the B pillar though.... Whatever is done would need to be strong though.

How about a body shop? (Not like MAACO, I meant a GOOD one, duh..)
How about a race car fabrication shop?

I know dirt track is popular with certain people here, and some well known Nascar names are involved. There are a few race shops that are equipped to build damn near anything you want. Moving a seat ought to be a cakewalk for those guys. I'd think there are shops in almost every bigger city that could handle it. For a price, of course.

I would think a welding shop could git-er-dun too.

Drive to some places and inquire. Get several opinions before you decide.
Old 06-27-2012
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

my friend is 6'2" and he's fine in his 03. do u have like super long legs?
Old 03-31-2013
Registered!!

Wilsky will become famous soon enoughWilsky will become famous soon enough

I'm 6'3 too and I find it alright, even on a 4 hour road trip. If your coming from a truck or a SUV you'll find it tighter, but its a small Japanese car that wasn't really designed for tall guys like us. Unless there are mounts, there isn't really a safe way of making the seat go further back. If you can't live with it, try a bigger car like an Accord.