7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2002 custom gauge cluster

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rejin267 is an unknown quantity at this point
2002 custom gauge cluster

i've spent the last hour or so trying to find a custom gauge cluster for my 02' civic ex only to come up empty. some site that do offer custom clusters only offere them for the 6th gen and under. is there something i am missing are are there no custom clusters available for a 7th gen honda civic?

any suggestion on site i should try would be very welcomed also i tried ebay as well but saw nothing there besides the stock cluster that comes with the vehicle
Old 06-24-2012
Registered!!

tipnitty is on a distinguished road
Re: 2002 custom gauge cluster

Swap in an 04-05 cluster. Or you could do an RSX cluster, which takes some wiring. Or you could do an s2000, but that is tons of wiring.
Old 06-25-2012
Registered!!

Aetoc will become famous soon enoughAetoc will become famous soon enough

The other option is a custom gauge overlay, like this:

Those are called "L7" gauges, and are basically faces you stick over top of the existing gauge faces and wire up for the indiglo lighting.

I got mine on ebay for about $70
Old 06-27-2012
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Aetoc
The other option is a custom gauge overlay, like this:

Those are called "L7" gauges, and are basically faces you stick over top of the existing gauge faces and wire up for the indiglo lighting.

I got mine on ebay for about $70
the picture link you provided isnt working but i will google L7 gauges. thank you both for your answers
Old 06-27-2012
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Pretty sure he meant "S7"

for better results, google "AC Autotechnic S7"

there are also a bunch of different kinds of overlays on ebay. Here's what mine looks like all lit up.
Name:  SDC10082.jpg
Views: 6830
Size:  62.1 KB

What exactly are you looking for with regards to a custom gauge cluster?
Old 06-27-2012
Registered!!

gen3 is an unknown quantity at this point

is the 04-05 cluster a direct swap into a 01 civic ex?
Old 06-27-2012
Registered!!

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx

there are also a bunch of different kinds of overlays on ebay. Here's what mine looks like all lit up.

Yeah my bad, S7 is what I meant..kinda sad I don't even know what I own lol...

Pic should be working now too, but the ones I have are more or less the same...
Old 06-28-2012
Administrator
Administrator

xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gen3
is the 04-05 cluster a direct swap into a 01 civic ex?
nope, you gotta repin your dash wiring to make it work. We have a guide here on the forums
Old 07-08-2012
Registered!!

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx

those gauges are gorgeous! and yea what you have is exactly what i am looking for. i hadn't realized they are just overlays instead of just being an entire unit. i kind of do need an entire unit though because there is a crak straight through the glass of mines. or is it possible to replace just the glass? also thanks for the tip
Old 07-08-2012
Registered!!

You can buy the glass on majestic honda for about $25, and the overlays are are about $75 or so...compared to like $150 for a used cluster...not a bad savings for getting new parts.
Old 07-08-2012
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Aetoc
You can buy the glass on majestic honda for about $25, and the overlays are are about $75 or so...compared to like $150 for a used cluster...not a bad savings for getting new parts.
i believe i had read something once on ebay about a used cluster having miles on them. if i were to get a new cluster does that mean my miles would change as well?
Old 07-09-2012
Administrator
Administrator

Originally Posted by Rejin267
those gauges are gorgeous! and yea what you have is exactly what i am looking for. i hadn't realized they are just overlays instead of just being an entire unit. i kind of do need an entire unit though because there is a crak straight through the glass of mines. or is it possible to replace just the glass? also thanks for the tip
Thanks for the compliment. Mine is just an overlay I found on eBay for $20 back in 2004.. The simple ones like mine are a bit harder to come by nowadays. I was super picky about finding this one, too. A lot of eBay overlays had cheapo brand logos all over em, and I finally managed to find one without. Also, my needles are custom. I took em off the cluster, used rubbing alcohol to get the orange off, and painted the backsides of the needles white so the blue light from my home made LED instrument cluster bulbs would "travel" down the needle. In the daytime, they're white, but still visible.
Old 04-04-2015
Registered!!

kmf22789 is an unknown quantity at this point

This is exactly what i want in my 02 civic. How can I do this? I have $ for it right now.
Old 04-04-2015
Administrator
Administrator

ebay, yo.
http://pages.ebay.com/motors/link/?n...960911&alt=web

As far as the needles, well, that was a DIY job, and quite frankly, quite a pain in the *** to do

Edit: those gauge face overlays are hella hard to find these days. If you want your cluster to look like mine, better hop on it before it goes away
Old 04-04-2015
Registered!!

Ok man thank you so much. Is this something you use to replace the old clusters with or is it a layover? And man..those needles tho lol what did you use to do it? Also, did you have to replace any lights? I legit want it to look exactly like yours.
Old 04-04-2015
Administrator
Administrator

The eBay link is an overlay. Same deal as what I got.
Needles: pulled them off the cluster, used cotton ***** and rubbing alcohol to take off the orange, and used a white paint marker on the back of the needle.
Lighting: this was the tricky part. I basically made custom LED bulbs using the sockets as a base. I had to take the cluster pretty much all the way apart so the LEDs pressed up against the clear plastic diffuser. That way, I got the most efficiency out of the LEDs, since LED light dissipates quite differently than incandescent.

Reinstallation of the needles was an über pain. I had to put em back on with the engine running. I have another tach output signal, so i used that to ensure my tach was accurate. Fuel, I just had to remember which mark it was on prior to removing them. Engine temp, i just waited for the car to heat up and put it just below half. Speed.. lol.. i did this in the not safest manner. I drove it and found the minimum speed at which my cruise control would engage. Then I put the needle on pointing at 25. Its pretty damn accurate, especially considering my calibration methods.
Old 04-04-2015
Registered!!

Thank you so much. Wish you could help me do it all lol I'd pay mad good if I could. Final questions, the milage area, did you replace a light behind or does the overlay have a blue tint to create a blue look? And wherr does the overlay plug into? I ordered the overlay today. Should be here in 3 days.
Old 04-05-2015
Administrator
Administrator

You have to tap the overlay's power apply into something. Seriously just find a +12 DC line that's hot when your parking liguts are on and ground out the negative, and you should be good.

My odometer light is another custom LED bulb, since every other bulb I tried wasn't bright enough for my liking.
Old 04-05-2015
Registered!!

Ok thanks a bunch man!