7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Stock springs needed!

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bbreyne is an unknown quantity at this point
Stock springs needed!

So I'm fixing up a beater 01 civic DX and it is disturbingly low. I can find lowering springs ALLLLL DAY (which would actually raise it at this point, its SLAMMED) but I'd like to know if any of you guys on here have the old springs laying around if you've already lowered yours? Shoot me a message if youve got some available on the cheap so I don't have to pay dealer prices and I can put this thing at a normal ride height. The stock springs are cut, so there's not much to do there.

Last edited by bbreyne; 06-06-2012 at 06:55 PM. Reason: missed a detail
Old 06-06-2012
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Stock springs needed!

you can find springs on ebay,craigslist and junk yards but since the stock springs were cut im going to assume there on stock struts which are most likely blown. i would be on the lookout for oem struts also.
Old 06-06-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bbreyne is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lowlife9
you can find springs on ebay,craigslist and junk yards but since the stock springs were cut im going to assume there on stock struts which are most likely blown. i would be on the lookout for oem struts also.
Everything I've found online or ebay for a non-laughable price are lowering springs... I want to not make this thing a cop magnet, so I'm going for stock ride height. Everything I've found lowers by 1-1.5 inches, or OEM from honda are going to be over $200. The stock shocks seem iffy but thats less of a concern to make this thing drivable for now... I bottomoed it out on a pothole last night. I figure someone must have a stock set laying around since its such a popular mod
Old 06-06-2012
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of

Yeah, I've run into this problem too. The roads are so bad around here new OEM ones wear out around 50K miles. Bought some eBay used ones for $1 ($25 shipping) and they lasted for about 10K miles. The OEM springs are weak but, are the only ones that are at stock height.

Try http://www.car-part.com/ for salvage struts. You can get them for about $50 a corner all day long.

If you live close enough, http://www.picknpull.com/check_inventory.aspx are the cheapest parts around.