7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

Are these pads and rotors OK to buy?

Old 05-27-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CivicN3wb is an unknown quantity at this point
Are these pads and rotors OK to buy?

My brake pads and rotors seem to still have a lot of thickness to them, but my steering wheel is shaking when I brake and so the rotors are probably warped. It seems like if I replace the rotors I should go ahead and replace the pads, so I'm in the market for new rotors and new pads. I would prefer to buy these from AAP (since I have a $50 coupon there ), and found these on the website:

Rotor: http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_Brake-Rotor---Front-Wearever_3569322-P_221_R|GRPDRUMAMS_____

Pads option #1: http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_Brake-Pads---Front-Wearever-Silver_5752116-P_219_R|GRPBRCOAMS_____
Pads option #2: http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_ThermoQuiet&174;-Brake-Pads---Front-Wagner_20450295-P_219_R|GRPBRCOAMS_____

Does that rotor look OK? It's pretty much the only rotor on the AAP website that has reviews for it. As far as the pads go, both of those pads seem to have really good reviews; do you think one would be better than the other? Or, is none of this stuff acceptable, and do I need to go OEM?

Thanks for your advice!
Old 05-27-2012
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future
Re: Are these pads and rotors OK to buy?

the 2nd bad is better.

all of the mid range rotors are the same as far as quality goes.
Old 05-27-2012
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

Personally, I would opt for the Stoptech replacement package from Dezod. It's $109 with free shipping, great quality rotors and pads for not much more than the what you're looking at from AAP.
http://www.dezod.com/pd-dezod-motors...nomy-brake.cfm

I know you have the coupon for AAP, but you could always put that towards your next oil change.
Old 05-27-2012
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

or you could resurface the ones you have.
Old 05-28-2012
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

go with wagner if you have to get it from advance. ive sold those gold and silver brands before and they would come back defective all the time. junk
Old 05-28-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
plasmaok is an unknown quantity at this point

i got the duralast gold ceramic pads on my car and they are great i have only been able to get fade once with them even then they would still lock all 4 tires up and that was after 7 attemps from 80-0 one after another after a few weeks of driving with them on the car some of u would probably not like how hard i tested them but i wanted to find the limit of these pads so i know how hard i can push them like if i take another trip to talimena where i got a ton af fade frome my stock oem pads