7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

New Civic Owner - Anti-theft ideas for my 2002 DX?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Billymadison51 is an unknown quantity at this point
New Civic Owner - Anti-theft ideas for my 2002 DX?

I just bought a 2002 Honda Civic DX. I love the civics, but I worry more about it getting stolen. I've done some research and I know it's a 7th gen with an installed immobilizer system. Do the thieves know that? Or will they still be trying to steal it?

If anyone has recommendations on what I should do - whether it be getting an alarm system installed or the club or whatever, I'd really appreciate it.

It's my first car, so I'm a bit paranoid. I did get comprehensive insurance, so I'm good there. Now I'm just trying to figure out what to do next, as well as figure out how the damn stock cd player can play burned CDs.

Thanks all!
Old 05-26-2012
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of
Re: New Civic Owner - Anti-theft ideas for my 2002 DX?

keep a snake pet and a pitbull inside.
keep car in the shadows or they might die of heat.
when they want to take it, nothing will stop them.

they might even pet the snake and the dog.
Old 05-26-2012
not new to this

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
coupedeill is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Billymadison51
I know it's a 7th gen with an installed immobilizer system. Do the thieves know that?
Any car can be stolen if its wanted bad enough, but fortunatly most car thieves that know how defeat an immobilizer arent really into stock civics haha. Other than that someone would have to tow the damn thing.

If you're paranoid about it install an alarm with a paging system to let you know someones messing with your car. Lojack if you're real paranoid but really anything that will deter a break in is what you should look into. Keep valuables out of sight, get tinted, no alpine or whatever decals etc. I installed an alternating led so the smash and grab type will move on to the next. Cost me $5 and looks like i got an alarm installed.
Old 05-27-2012
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
scooty is on a distinguished road

Honestly, the fact that it is a stock 02 DX is all the anti theft you need.

Now if it was built up with a turbo, manual, suspension, rims, amplifier etc, and you're the type to go around to ricer meets and street races then you might want to look into a 2 way paging alarm system and a gps based locator like low jack.

If you are really paranoid and hard up for cash, just install a hidden kill switch to the fuel pump. Don't ask around here about where to install it and don't tell anyone where it is.

Or you could be like Mr, Bean and just take the steering wheel out with you where ever you go.
Old 05-27-2012
Registered!!

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
bryan.0831 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by scooty
...just install a hidden kill switch to the fuel pump..
I have one. It under the... . Lol.
It took away my paranoia of my car getting stolen. And then I sold my rims and put steelies..
I live in the town next to Newark, NJ so better safe than sorry.
Just buy a kill switch and hard wire the power supply of the fuel pump.
Old 05-27-2012
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

^ that's good, and add a noisy alarm, so they won't have the time to find the switches (although many knows how to deactivate the noisy alarms easily, but not the cheap low timers)
Old 05-27-2012
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

yeah i wouldn't be worried about it being stolen just smash and grabs.