7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Is there an AC system reset procedure?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cal45fan is an unknown quantity at this point
Is there an AC system reset procedure?

I was told by my local indy that when the AC button gets disconnected, it must be reset.

I am having problems with my AC button not coming on. I have replaced the radio with an OEM cd player and disconnected all the wires to gain access to the old radio. As soon as I put everything back together, the light on the AC button does not illuminate.
Old 05-17-2012
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Is there an AC system reset procedure?

I was told by my local indy that when the AC button gets disconnected, it must be reset.

I've never heard of that.
The switch set should just plug in and work.
Do the other 2 switches light up?
I'll guess that it probably means your indy either doesn't really know why it doesn't work, or wants to charge you to troubleshoot it.

I am having problems with my AC button not coming on. I have replaced the radio with an OEM cd player and disconnected all the wires to gain access to the old radio. As soon as I put everything back together, the light on the AC button does not illuminate.

You know the blower fan has to be on, right?
Short of really digging into the diagnostics and troubleshooting, I'd say to make certain all of the HVAC wiring for the switches and the control head are completely plugged in.
If that isn't it, then there is a problem that needs figured out.

HTH
Old 05-17-2012
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

it happens to alot of us.
Old 05-17-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cal45fan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ezone

I've never heard of that.
The switch set should just plug in and work.
Do the other 2 switches light up?
I'll guess that it probably means your indy either doesn't really know why it doesn't work, or wants to charge you to troubleshoot it.

You know the blower fan has to be on, right?
Short of really digging into the diagnostics and troubleshooting, I'd say to make certain all of the HVAC wiring for the switches and the control head are completely plugged in.
If that isn't it, then there is a problem that needs figured out.

HTH
Yes, the blower fan comes on. I have replugged everything and even went back in to double-check to no avail. The recirculation and rear defroster works but the the AC switch.