7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

ngk platinums?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
paulymcd7 is an unknown quantity at this point
ngk platinums?

are these plugs okay for my d17a1 non vtec? they are already in but i have noticed lately after they have been in now for like a month that startup now takes like a split second longer than it should. should i swap the plug for others?
Old 05-13-2012
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold
Re: ngk platinums?

those are fine as long as you gaped them correctly.
Old 05-13-2012
Registered!!

yeah a buddy of mine told me about gapping i understand the concept but how do i actually gap them? and which way do the injectors point? from the back pointing to the front?
Old 05-13-2012
Registered!!

lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

[autostream]http://autostream.com/ibcivicforums/?page_type=firebirdplayerthumbnail&framepage=1251& transactionid=1336958420-693732224&posted_by=lowlife9_www.civicforums.com&y outube_video_id=v65gqW3-htM[/autostream]
Old 05-13-2012
Registered!!

awesome thanks and which way should the gap be facing?
Old 05-13-2012
Registered!!

what do you mean ???
Old 05-13-2012
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

I think he means "indexing" the plugs.

I sure don't bother with that unless it is on an original Insight.
Old 05-13-2012
Registered!!

lol its a civic not a race car just properly torque them down and your good no index needed.
Old 05-14-2012
Registered!!

oh okay awesome lol
Old 05-14-2012
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

copper ngk for best performance.
Old 05-14-2012
Busy Speeding!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SlimRisk is a jewel in the roughSlimRisk is a jewel in the roughSlimRisk is a jewel in the rough

I heard you get about +1 HP if all your gaps are turned towards the intake valve
Old 05-14-2012
Registered!!

holy crap 1HP im going outside to index my plugs rite now i always wanted a race car.
Old 05-14-2012
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

i get more hp from stickers than gapping my plugs!
Old 05-14-2012
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

im all for small improvements, but indexing just isnt worth it on these cars.
Old 05-14-2012
Busy Speeding!!

SlimRisk is a jewel in the roughSlimRisk is a jewel in the roughSlimRisk is a jewel in the rough

Huge rear wing for downforce on a fwd car: +20 HP
Stickers of performance brands you don't have: +5 HP
Axle back coffee can muffler: +15 HP

Look it up brah, these numbers real
Old 05-15-2012
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Back when I was a young'un, we'd go into the local speed shop and pick up all the freeeeeee stickers we could get away with.

Great for covering rust holes, and adds tons of horsepower at the same time.

Old 05-15-2012
Registered!!

ryanclenney is an unknown quantity at this point

Indexing plugs will NOT make a difference on your Civic, and here's why.

Any of you who have owned, and changed plugs on, a non-Honda engine might have noticed the plugs sometimes screw into the side of the head at an angle.

An alternate design, invented by Chrysler back in the day, was the hemispherical combustion chamber (Hemi), which is very similar to the design on our Hondas. One big difference was the spark plug was right in the center of the head, vs. the side.

Aiming at the intake valve is a misundestood concept - the fuel air mixture gets compressed and distributed evenly in the chamber...nothing to do with where it comes out...

What's important is that the spark be in the middle of the head, and it will be on a civic by default because the spark plug is in the dead center of the head.

On the old V8 with the spark plug angled at the side, if the gap faced the outside wall of the cylinder, you wouldn't get as quick/complete a burn because you're not starting the flame front close to the center.

Hope this helps you guys understand - do not waste your time.
Old 05-15-2012
Registered!!

perfect thank you!