7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

Ground Control--craigslist deal

Old 05-12-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
got2run5 will become famous soon enoughgot2run5 will become famous soon enough
Ground Control--craigslist deal

I found some ground control springs on craigslist for dirt cheap. I was going to go with blues and sportlines but I was waiting a couple of weeks until school was over. I just found this on craigslist and wanted everyone's opinion on whether I should jump on these or not-not sure what to look for for damage to them.

http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/pts/2975110770.html

I know an ep3 suspension will fit an em2 but if I went with new shocks for my em2 would I be able to use these ground controls with those?

Thanks everyone.
Old 05-12-2012
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of
Re: Ground Control--craigslist deal

Buy them, buy them now.

Ground controls differ by the outside diameter of the strut tube, but that would easily be worked around by buying Ep3 struts.
Old 05-13-2012
Registered!!

So I got them! $40. Hope that they end up working out. The springs are a little rusty. Can you sand down springs and repaint them? I'm now open to suggestions about what to pair with this. Koni yellows are kind of expensive and I'd rather not have to cut apart new parts. I don't want to go super low, so is it possible to put these things on tokico blues still? And I assume I won't need to buy an ep3 specific camber kit correct? Sorry for so many questions... I had everything worked out but then these went up for sale.
Old 05-13-2012
Registered!!

Woops. Forgot to upload the pics lol.

Name:  P1060580.jpg
Views: 285
Size:  242.7 KB

Name:  P1060581.jpg
Views: 248
Size:  223.7 KB

[IMG]http://i1158.photobucket.com/albums/p617/got2run5/P1060582.jpg/IMG]
Old 05-13-2012
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by got2run5
So I got them! $40. Hope that they end up working out. The springs are a little rusty. Can you sand down springs and repaint them? I'm now open to suggestions about what to pair with this. Koni yellows are kind of expensive and I'd rather not have to cut apart new parts. I don't want to go super low, so is it possible to put these things on tokico blues still? And I assume I won't need to buy an ep3 specific camber kit correct? Sorry for so many questions... I had everything worked out but then these went up for sale.
Yup, you can totally repaint the springs.

Recently, I've seen Koni Yellows sell for around $550. That would be my choice of damper and they really are the best value of anything out there. Otherwise, Tokico Blues or Koni STR would be good options, but you need to be cautious to not go to low with them.

You don't need to buy an Ep3 specific camber kit, because there's no such thing DC5/Ep3/em2 all use the same camber kit front and rear.
Old 05-13-2012
Registered!!

Thanks a lot. I thought that camber kits were like that but I wanted to make sure I don't plan on slamming the car... I just want to get rid of wheel gap. I don't want to go as far as tucking any rubber in the rear so I'm thinking that the blues will be alright. Just in case--did you see them for $550 used or new? I'm so psyched for this I haven't tried adjusting them or anything, need to finish finals week before I start paying more attention to my car.
Old 05-13-2012
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

New, CRSX was running a deal. The price may have gone up since then though. I'm sure you could find them for close to that price again though, usually Honda-Tech vendors have very good unadvertised deals.

Don't let the Koni install process phase you to much, I don't think it's as bad as it seems.
Old 05-13-2012
Registered!!

tipnitty is on a distinguished road

Lucky SOB.
Old 05-13-2012
Registered!!

Pheet is on a distinguished road

Grats on the deal! Hopefully the Allen nuts arent seized.
Old 05-13-2012
Registered!!

I haven't checked the allen nuts. Hopefully they aren't. It'll be a week before I can start taking care of the springs and making sure everything works.
Old 05-18-2012
Registered!!

Well, now that my summer break has officially started I tried to slide the sleeves off the struts... nothin. Things are stuck solid. I sprayed PB blaster all around and tried tapping lightly with a hammer (didnt want to ruin anything) but nothing. I also tried loosening the allen nuts. Nothing. Any recommendations? Otherwise I'll probably take them to a cheap shop and see if they can get them apart.
Old 05-21-2012
Registered!!

Update: Took the struts to a shop to see if they could get the sleeves off. Took the guy an hour and he had to use a torch but they're off now. I also just ordered tokico hps so I'm pretty pumped for my car