7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

this amp okay? maybe a better one?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2012
Don't be a n00b, search ftw
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future
Re: this amp okay? maybe a better one?

The blue/white cord coming out of the head unit needs to be hooked up to the amp trigger. What do you have hooked up to the blue/white wire right now?
Old 05-14-2012
Delightfully tacky. Yet unrefined

m3gach33zy is an unknown quantity at this point

The blue/white wire is tied together with the p. control from the amp. With those two tied together I crimped it with the orange one. I've got a link to a picture of how I have it wired in the back. You can see the 2-1 connection on the top part.
Old 05-15-2012

So... where should I crimp in the blue/white and blue p control wire? Where should I crimp that lonely orange wire?
Old 05-15-2012

01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future

You should probably crimp the blue/white wire to the blue p control wire, and just leave the orange illumination one untapped to anything for now, with just a piece of tape on the end. See if that fixes it

Also, off topic - You want some lowering springs? I have my old ones sitting on my porch, since I put in my new coilovers this weekend. LMK if you want 'em
Old 05-15-2012

Originally Posted by 01HonderCivic
You should probably crimp the blue/white wire to the blue p control wire, and just leave the orange illumination one untapped to anything for now, with just a piece of tape on the end. See if that fixes it

Also, off topic - You want some lowering springs? I have my old ones sitting on my porch, since I put in my new coilovers this weekend. LMK if you want 'em
Sounds good. I'll try that after classes today. Hopefully it'll work out .

I do want lowering springs... but the thing is I'm going to work this summer so I'll be saving for full progress suspension. I don't know how long it'll be until I get the progress equipment cause I see it's always on backorder I don't know the time and effort it'd take to do to put new springs on when I'll probably be getting new coilovers within the year. Also, I have no tires or rims to go with a drop :'(
Old 05-15-2012

It took my friend and I about 6 hours to remove suspension, remove lower control arms, go to shop to remove/install polyurethane bushings, reinstall arms, reinstall suspension and give it a poor man's alignment. And that was with major bitch fits from my car along the way in getting everything to fit back together due to new parts. To do the springs, you'd probably need a few hours, including beer breaks. If you want them, they're yours...otherwise I'll see if I can get something for them on Craigslist
Old 05-15-2012

Damn that's a days work there lol. I'll probably just save up for progress stuff. Doesn't make much sense to do the same work twice lol.
Old 05-15-2012

Just let me know when you get your stuff, I can help you set them up and install them if you want.

As a slight aside, why Progress specifically? IIRC they're like 1100 bucks and they don't even come with pillowball mounts. Not knocking Progress, but I don't think it's worth it. I'm pretty happy with my Megans so far... but for a few hundred less you could get your choice of Megan, KSport, Function & Form Type 2, and D2 Racing, all which have pillowball upper mounts with camber adjustment
Old 05-16-2012

Originally Posted by 01HonderCivic
Just let me know when you get your stuff, I can help you set them up and install them if you want.

As a slight aside, why Progress specifically? IIRC they're like 1100 bucks and they don't even come with pillowball mounts. Not knocking Progress, but I don't think it's worth it. I'm pretty happy with my Megans so far... but for a few hundred less you could get your choice of Megan, KSport, Function & Form Type 2, and D2 Racing, all which have pillowball upper mounts with camber adjustment
I may do that because I've never touched suspension stuff and I've got no idea where to start lol.

Mostly from what I've read on the forums when you go with one of the top brand names like tien, d2 etc., progress seemed to get better reviewed. Also, I'll need front and rear sways and I saw progress has them. Figured I should just match everything up. Also, since I'd be spending about 800ish on something like megan, d2, etc., I figured I should just pay the extra couple hundred for a good brand.

I don't know exactly what the pillowball upper mount and camber adjustment would even do for me.
Old 05-22-2012

Last night the amp stopped working. I checked the connections on the amp and the power cable didn't stay attached to the prong so it fell right out. Went and got a replacement prong and crimped it well this time, but the amp still wont power on. I clipped off the orange wire that I was having problems with before, causing me to have to turn my lights on to power the amp. I also tried re-attaching it to the wires I had before to see if that worked, but to no avail. Is there a way I can check to see if the amp is dead? Maybe some other problem I can't think of?
Old 05-22-2012
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

you probably blew the fuse on the amp.also check the inline fuse from the battery. as for the pillow ball mounts are not really worth it to be honest especially if there attached to megan or k-sports coilovers i mean yeah its a little easier to adjust the camber but how often do you actually adjust the camber and how often do you do it yourself so basically your just making it easier for the mechanic that's already over charging you for labor. and if you really wanted the pillow ball mounts badly enough you can buy them separately and they will fit the progress coils but the quality is not that great. http://thmotorsports.com/ksport/kspo.../i-112223.aspx

Last edited by lowlife9; 05-22-2012 at 08:32 PM.
Old 06-23-2012

Well I finally got some time yesterday to work on the sub. I tucked all the wires and mounted the amp. I got the problem solved on how to get the amp to turn on, but now it seems like the inline fuse from the battery keeps blowing. It doesn't look at all like it's blown, but when I replace it the sub works. Once I turn the ignition though it pops the fuse. What should I do?