7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

Going back to stock - parts needed

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Worbit is an unknown quantity at this point
Going back to stock - parts needed

Long story short, my girl's ex got his grubby hands on her civic before breaking up with him and he's done a few 'mods' that we can't stand any longer. We're looking to go back to stock so she can trade it in (looking at the 2013 genesis coupe turbo) and we are in need of a complete stock air box + stock set of wheels. Take a look at the photos below so you can see what the car looks like.

He thought it was such a great idea to add this intake and yet he left this hole open so now we have a constant check engine light (-_-) I'm not even sure if this intake is the right one for this engine

And then what year is this wheel from? I need just one of these to complete a set

Old 04-29-2012
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Going back to stock - parts needed

I think those are 2001-2002 Si wheels.. maybe 2003.
Old 04-29-2012
Registered!!

cja3455 is an unknown quantity at this point

sorry to hear that, i am selling a stock air intake and filter that fits your car, check the Ad on craigslist
http://austin.craigslist.org/pts/2986535447.html

where are you located ? Add the shipping and i'll mail it to you

that hole is for the air temperature sensor
Old 04-29-2012
Registered!!

Originally Posted by cja3455
sorry to hear that, i am selling a stock air intake and filter that fits your car, check the Ad on craigslist
http://austin.craigslist.org/pts/2986535447.html

where are you located ? Add the shipping and i'll mail it to you

that hole is for the air temperature sensor
I'm down for taking your air box. I just sent you a text message
Old 04-29-2012
Registered!!

cja3455 is an unknown quantity at this point

I didn't receive your message, can you send me email at cja3455@gmail.com

BTW, the filter housing doesn't come with sensor, you need to buy that part seperately and plug it into the filter housing assuming that the connector is still there

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/web...R%7CGRPSENSAMS_____
Old 04-29-2012
Registered!!

Originally Posted by cja3455
I didn't receive your message, can you send me email at cja3455@gmail.com

BTW, the filter housing doesn't come with sensor, you need to buy that part seperately and plug it into the filter housing assuming that the connector is still there

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/web...R%7CGRPSENSAMS_____
Email sent!
Old 04-29-2012
Registered!!

Originally Posted by BlueEM2
I think those are 2001-2002 Si wheels.. maybe 2003.
Looks like they're from A 2005 EX special edition

Last edited by Worbit; 04-29-2012 at 07:28 PM.
Old 04-29-2012
Whachya lookin at?

BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

Whoops sorry, your right. Not sure why I thought they were EX wheels.
Old 04-29-2012
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

looks like her ex was a complete moron and has no business in a engine bay. that throttle body must be filthy.
Old 04-29-2012
Whachya lookin at?

Can't always blame the EX. It is HER car. Therefore her business to keep the engine bay clean.
Old 04-29-2012
Registered!!

lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

im talking about the hack job intake
1. wrong filter
2.no clamps on pcv hose
3. missing air temp sensor
4. temp sensor hole left wide open
im sure he gave her false confidence in his mechanical ability. i hope thats the only thing he touched.
Old 04-29-2012
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

just for curiosity sake.. have you ever gotten the check engine light code read?

and I agree with lowlife about the false confidence in mechanical ability bit.
Old 04-29-2012
Registered!!

DarkSouljur has a spectacular aura aboutDarkSouljur has a spectacular aura about

Were the rims he put on that thing serious?! Ugliest things ive ever seen
Old 04-29-2012
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

Those are Special Edition wheels are quite difficult to find.

I hate when loser guys feel the need to modify their girlfriend's cars, I've had to do some back to stock repairs when a relationship ends myself.
Old 04-29-2012
Registered!!

Originally Posted by DarkSouljur
Were the rims he put on that thing serious?! Ugliest things ive ever seen
i remember when those wheels were the **** back in the 90s.
Old 04-29-2012
I am Epic

Civicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trusted

Thats the dirtiest engine bay ive ever seen, cant be good for the car
Old 04-29-2012
Whachya lookin at?

Oh I didn't even look at the intake install job hahaha sorry lowlife.. I see it now
Old 04-29-2012
Registered!!

Originally Posted by MindBomber
Those are Special Edition wheels are quite difficult to find.
I kinda figured that. Im buying three tomorrow for $120 from some local guy who I'm guessing got into a car accident and lost his civic. I'm going to check them out and make sure there are no bends or cracks and if everything looks good, then I just got myself a steal of a deal

Another question for you all. Any time I turn on the heater, I get a very strong smell of gas coming into the passenger cabin. Its only when the heater is on, AC doesn't have this issue. When I asked what else the ex did to her car, she mentioned something along the lines of him having to disconnect the fuel line at some point. One night she was driving home and lost all power to the car. When she opened the hood she said the fuel line had popped off and gas was all over the place. That has since been fixed but now the heater is effected in some way. Any idea of what could be causing the gas smell?

Thanks again for all of your help.....
Old 04-30-2012
Registered!!

if i was you i would buy one of those little fire extinguishers and keep it under the seat there's no telling what num nuts did in there regarding fuel lines i mean look at what he did to something as simple as an intake.
Old 04-30-2012
Girls twist wrenches too...

Roxie is a jewel in the roughRoxie is a jewel in the roughRoxie is a jewel in the rough

I'd probably take it into a very good shop and have them inspect that gas smell. There are some things I would try to fix, but... who knows what the moron ex did to the car. I'd just trust a mechanic to dive in for it.

That's me :/
Old 04-30-2012
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
pmjr0987 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by lowlife9
looks like her ex was a complete moron and has no business in a engine bay. that throttle body must be filthy.
not to mention valves, sleeves etc etc. all that dirt thats in the engine bay, got into the engine. that hole is path of least resistance so it was constantly sucking in unfiltered air. very nice fella he seems to be
Old 04-30-2012
Registered!!

got2run5 will become famous soon enoughgot2run5 will become famous soon enough

That's awesome that you got those three wheels already. Go to car-part.com and then search by year, make, model and then choose the option wheel w/o image (there are none with image). It's the website for all the major salvage yards and you can select which oem wheel according to the number of spokes. They run like $80 to $150 depending on location, salvage yard, and condition.
Old 04-30-2012
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Roxie
I'd probably take it into a very good shop and have them inspect that gas smell. There are some things I would try to fix, but... who knows what the moron ex did to the car. I'd just trust a mechanic to dive in for it.

That's me :/
That's not a bad idea. I have a Greg's Japanese Auto near our place that I take my speed3 to for oil changes and they are very knowledgeable. They're always asking me questions about my car and what my plans are for it in the future I'll take the civic in on my next day off (it needs an oil change anyways) and I'll report back here with what they find out.
Old 04-30-2012
Administrator
Administrator

xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

$20 says when they pop the hood, they all go "WOOOAAAAHHHHH W..T...F......"
Old 05-01-2012
Registered!!

So I ran down to the car just now to snap some shots of TB and this is what it currently looks like

then I noticed the chicken wire tie job on the broken intake support bar

and these are the wheels with tires I got today for $120 total!

Its all slowly going back to stock
Old 05-01-2012
Girls twist wrenches too...

Roxie is a jewel in the roughRoxie is a jewel in the roughRoxie is a jewel in the rough

Did you get that sammich with the wheels?... Lucky -.-
Old 05-02-2012
Registered!!

Aetoc will become famous soon enoughAetoc will become famous soon enough

Damn, that's a filthy throttle plate! I'm guessing he probably broke the intake air temp sensor trying to put it in, and just unplugged it instead of replacing it. Its not a very expensive part, thankfully it fits into both the aftermarket and stock intake, so you can install it even if you don't get a stock airbox right away. If you can't find a stock intake soon, I can give you mine (minus shipping). It might be missing a bolt or two, but they are easy to get from a parts shop. Good luck!
Old 05-03-2012
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Roxie
Did you get that sammich with the wheels?... Lucky -.-
I got it after picking up the wheels....best part about it too is the fact that it was made by a girl
Old 05-03-2012
Administrator
Administrator

Originally Posted by Worbit
I got it after picking up the wheels....best part about it too is the fact that it was made by a girl
Old 05-03-2012
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

Freak i want those se rims!

Quick Reply: Going back to stock - parts needed