7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Shocks, Spings, & Tie Rods..

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CivicVoz is an unknown quantity at this point
Shocks, Spings, & Tie Rods..

I have a 2002 Honda Civic EX with nearly 100,000 miles. Reading previous posts, most members recommend the Tokico HP Series Shocks. Just wondering what everybody thinks about the "Tokico HP Series Advanced Handling Suspension Kit Honda Civic 2Dr Coupe 2001-2002"?

http://www.suspensioncenter.com/p-66...2001-2002.aspx

Also what other suspension components would be recommended to replace. I was thinking about both Tie Rod Ends? Any recommendation on brands, vendors etc. I have been using rockauto.com to purchase most of my parts.

thanks for any info!
Old 04-22-2012
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of
Re: Shocks, Spings, & Tie Rods..

At 100k miles, it's time to consider replacing almost everything.

Ball joints, sway bar endlinks, inner and outer tie rods, lower control arms (if you're bushings are torn). I like using ingals, available from Dezod.com, and Moog, available from energysuspensionparts.com.
Old 04-22-2012
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,156 Likes on 806 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Shocks, Spings, & Tie Rods..

I personally like the tokico blues. I've never dealt with the springs, however.

if you want just the shocks...

dezod.com is a great vendor. great customer service. kinda crappy shipping prices, but you can get a set of those shocks alone for about $450 + shipping (use coupon code 7thgenhonda).

thmotorsports.com is also a great site to buy from. return customers get an automatic 2% off their purchases, they always have coupon codes going on (like I think 5offfive still works for 5% off), plus they give free shipping on most items over $100. From here, the shocks alone come out to $420 shipped with the 5% off.