7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Transmission mount request

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2012
Registered!!

Received 114 Likes on 76 Posts
chozobody is an unknown quantity at this point
Transmission mount request

I have to leave for class right now, but I needed to get this out there before I left. Does anybody have a diagram of the location of our transmission mount points? I'm just nutting up and fixing the loose one the shop messed up when rebuilding my tranny. I shouldn't have any problems tightening this up, right?
Old 04-13-2012
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of
Re: Transmission mount request

I don't have a diagram, but... one is directly below the exhaust manifold on the front side of the engine and the other is on the back of the engine above the midpipe.
Old 04-13-2012
Registered!!

Originally Posted by MindBomber
I don't have a diagram, but... one is directly below the exhaust manifold on the front side of the engine and the other is on the back of the engine above the midpipe.
Hmm, ok. Are there any engine/transmission mounts near the driver side firewall? Thats where the main rattle is happening. Started after tranny rebuild at local shop.

Also MindBomber, how deep are those screws? Im at college, so I will probably need some ratchet extensions.
Old 05-08-2012
Registered!!

So, great effing news everybody. Turns out the sound wasnt coming from my tranny mount. Turns out my flywheel is WARPED! Less than 6 months after that POS shop "replaced" it, i have to replace my clutch, flywheel and bearings. Out another 800 bucks. Im so sick of all of this. That shop will definitively be hearing from my lawyer now. After I lift, ill post a link to my previous thread talking about this shop for all members who dont remember whats going on.
Old 05-09-2012
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light

Kinda hard to pin the shop with a warped flywheel. What brand was the new flywheel?

Do you drive "aggressive?"
Old 05-10-2012
Busy Speeding!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SlimRisk is a jewel in the roughSlimRisk is a jewel in the roughSlimRisk is a jewel in the rough

It might be the shops fault if it was installed correctly. If they bought a shitty new flywheel that might be your problem. I know you been going through a lot of **** lately with your car, hope everything turns out okay
Old 05-10-2012
Registered!!

Originally Posted by 04 Honda Civic
Kinda hard to pin the shop with a warped flywheel. What brand was the new flywheel?

Do you drive "aggressive?"
Used to before I got the new clutch in a few months ago. The Honda dealership said it looked like it had been installed incorrectly