7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

Seats

Old 03-23-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PacosTacos88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Seats

Looking for some aftermarket seats that will do a lil bit better job of holding me in place while driving. I don't autocross or anything, but like taking the winding roads around here fast enough to toss me around every once in a while. But, I also take 8-10 hour trips back home to see the fam a few times a year, so comfort is a must too.

Any suggestions?
Old 03-23-2012
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Seats

What kinda price range you lookin at? I'm rockin' Sparco Monzas in my car and they're hella comfy.. Then again, I spent a good chunk of my Navy enlistment bonus on those seats..
Old 03-23-2012
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PacosTacos88
fast enough to toss me around

Any suggestions?

Sounds like you ain't wearin' your seat belt.
Wear your seat belt, it holds you in to the seat.
Just sayin.
Old 03-23-2012
Girls twist wrenches too...

Roxie is a jewel in the roughRoxie is a jewel in the roughRoxie is a jewel in the rough

I've noticed that, the more upright your seat is, the better it holds you in place. I used to roll around with a gangsta lean because 1) I feel like I have no legs since my seat is far forward, and 2) to keep away from the steering wheel's airbag. Soon as I got my seat as close to 90 degrees, it helped immensely holding me in place (compared to the leaning back I was more comfortable in).

Otherwise, what's your price range?
Old 03-23-2012
Registered!!

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx
What kinda price range you lookin at? I'm rockin' Sparco Monzas in my car and they're hella comfy.. Then again, I spent a good chunk of my Navy enlistment bonus on those seats..
Lol nice. I see those for around 600 now. Is that just for the one seat or pair?

Originally Posted by ezone
Sounds like you ain't wearin' your seat belt.
Wear your seat belt, it holds you in to the seat.
Just sayin.

lol

Originally Posted by Roxie
I've noticed that, the more upright your seat is, the better it holds you in place. I used to roll around with a gangsta lean because 1) I feel like I have no legs since my seat is far forward, and 2) to keep away from the steering wheel's airbag. Soon as I got my seat as close to 90 degrees, it helped immensely holding me in place (compared to the leaning back I was more comfortable in).

Otherwise, what's your price range?

Can't have it too upright, I'm a pretty tall guy. Unless I steer with my head thru the sunroof.

Gonna try to keep the price range around 500 for the pair. I see some on eBay for around that, but not sure how comfortable those would be...
Old 03-24-2012
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

I paid 700/seat, but that was when the Monzas were brand new (2005). I think you can find a pair of Tenzo Rally Seats (if they still make em) for about your price range. You can also try and find some RSX or EP3 seats. 3 ofthe 4 bolts line right up. Just gotta drill out the last one
Old 03-24-2012
Registered!!

I think I found some here:
http://www.hyperautoparts.com/shop/p...cat=377&page=1

I've heard pretty good things about these so far. Memory foam, full flip reclining, and comes with it's own sliding mounting brackets and looks to be only about $300 shipped.
Old 03-24-2012

Roxie is a jewel in the roughRoxie is a jewel in the roughRoxie is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by PacosTacos88
Can't have it too upright, I'm a pretty tall guy. Unless I steer with my head thru the sunroof.

Gonna try to keep the price range around 500 for the pair. I see some on eBay for around that, but not sure how comfortable those would be...
Lol, reminds me of when I gave a friend a ride once. He rode with the top of his head out the moonroof, just because I couldn't help laughing the whole time. That was definitely a gut busting ride.

Honestly, at 500/pair, I'd just use my stock seats. That, or I'd find some factory seats used. The Bomz seats that you mentioned are cheap, but I wouldn't trust them. Cheap isn't always the greatest thing to me. I'd rather spend a grip of money on one seat so I could be safe, than to cheap out and possibly have problems.

Personally, I'd rather spend double that to just buy an R100 and the mounting bracket, and have a proven seat for myself. Then, I would just spend the money to buy another one later on. Personally, I don't mind having mismatched seats. It may look ghetto, but at least I'm not cheaping out on one of the safety features of my car. I guess it just depends on if you're willing to fork over a premium for your seats. I am, but not all people are.
Old 03-24-2012
Registered!!

How would the seat be any less safer? It obviously still has to pass quality and safety standards, and it can even still use the original sliding brackets...
Old 03-24-2012

Well, I'm sure there are some standards involved to make a car seat. Personally, I'm not sure what the standards are . There may/may not be standards for making seats, but some shops may not be able to install certain ones because of certain safety reqs. I'm no pro on this matter by any means, but 2 seats for 300 bucks makes me question quality control.

I'm only speculating potential safety issues. I'm not saying these seats will kill you in a crash lol. It's a personal faith/trust thing when you buy aftermarket seats. I've read from a few people who've bought those same seats (same link and all), and certain things were made poorly. Whether it be the reclining function, or they felt the material was cheap/not stitched strongly, causing the fabric to tear easily. It's your call, I'm just stating an opinion. I also am one who just wishes to be as safe as possible in my car, and my seat is one thing I don't want to cheap out on. I'll cheap out on decorative effects, speakers, or whatever if I don't want to pay much. But my driver seat I want a lot of confidence in.

Your call though mate
Old 03-26-2012
Registered!!

DarkSouljur has a spectacular aura aboutDarkSouljur has a spectacular aura about

Modify your civic and put a leather recliner in the driver position, get one with massage capability and heated seat, but only buy one cuz 500 isnt enuf for two
Old 03-26-2012

Lol, wish I could find one that would fit in my car now
Old 03-26-2012
not new to this

coupedeill is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx
I paid 700/seat, but that was when the Monzas were brand new (2005). I think you can find a pair of Tenzo Rally Seats (if they still make em) for about your price range. You can also try and find some RSX or EP3 seats. 3 ofthe 4 bolts line right up. Just gotta drill out the last one
+1 on the rsx seats - really comfortable imo and you could probably find a set in ur price range, def quality seats.
Old 03-27-2012
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

ive driven 1000 miles in two days in my RSX seats. no problem at all. i love them.