7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

Tein Street Advance Coilovers?

Old 03-13-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pheet is on a distinguished road
Tein Street Advance Coilovers?

So I've been doing research on which suspension setup to get next and my first choice were the D2s but after reading all of the comments and reviews and whatnot, I have decided against them. I quickly began searching for a different, more reliable setup and I came across these http://www.tein.com/products/street_advance.html. Apparently they're the "next evolution" from the Super Streets. My question is, does anyone have some or if any experience with these coilovers? Right now I have my eyes on a set of Super Streets on eBay for about $1400 shipped to my door(I live in Canada unfortunately.) I am also open to any advice from the gurus on this site. I have a set of 16' 4x100 +40 Rota Grids wrapped in 205/50/16 coming in and I'll be going for a flush-ish look. I want a set up that can get rid of the wheel gap and offer a somewhat comfortable ride.

My current setup right now is Tokico D-Specs with Neuspeed Sport Springs. Please dont suggest GCs, I know they're good but I dont want to go down that route as I suspect that possible one of my shocks are blown(or its just my paranoia getting to me.)

Last edited by Pheet; 03-13-2012 at 06:37 PM.
Old 03-13-2012
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Tein Street Advance Coilovers?

Tien makes good stuff but overpriced in my opinion i would suggest Progress technology.
Old 03-13-2012
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

^there you go with progress again....lolllllll

yea, for what you get with tein, you ARE paying a bit too much (especially if u get their low end stuff)

progress is a much better option.
Old 03-14-2012
Registered!!

Bah my mind keeps changing about those damn D2s. Seeing as how you both suggested that Teins are overpriced for what they're worth and as for the Progress, I dont think Ill be able to wait out 2 or so months just for them to be made. Are the D2s really that bad? I dont track my car and Im willing to drive like a grandma to pull off the stance that I want(with a little spirited driving on good solid roads) without sacrificing that much comfortability.
Old 03-14-2012

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

i wouldnt get D2. they are cheap ****... there are quite a few horror stories about them.

its not that fact that you DONT track your car (most of us dont) but its the fact that D2 are unreliable. i wouldnt even pay 400$ for brand new D2.
Old 03-14-2012
Registered!!

Okay thanks. I'll just get the SS without the top mount and save $200. The price should be the same for the ss and the progress anyway with price and shipping together.
Old 03-14-2012

i would search around. progress arent that expensive to begin with.
Old 03-14-2012
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

this is were i got mine from http://www.corsportusa.com/store/cat...roducts_id=481
Old 03-14-2012
Registered!!

Thanks for the info guys! How long did it take for your sets to be made and shipped? I just emailed corsport and if there's going to be a $100 or less difference in the price+shipping then Ill just go with the Super Street. MindBomber seems to be on that setup.
Old 03-14-2012

tein SS is awesome.
Old 03-14-2012
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

That I am, and I love them.

I think your paranoia is getting to you on the d-specs though, they're really tough to blow, especially on lowering springs.
Old 03-14-2012
Registered!!

Originally Posted by MindBomber
That I am, and I love them.

I think your paranoia is getting to you on the d-specs though, they're really tough to blow, especially on lowering springs.
Well the ride's gotten really harsh and bumpy as of late even with 5 turns from full hard, and thats with only a 1.75' drop. I cant imagine how shitty the ride's going to be if I were to get GCs and go even lower. Ill probably sell them on Craigslist for $400 with the springs if theyre not blown.

Mind telling me how yours rides?
Old 03-14-2012
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

pheet,

i have illumina's in my miata and they seem to be quite sturdy. D-specs are a step up from them, and keep in mind there should be a lifetime warranty if you are the first owner.
Old 03-14-2012
Registered!!

I've thought about the warranty before, but there I think I may have lost my receipt and I dont really want to pay to get them taken out, get the stockies back in, get an alignment, put new/refurbished D-Specs and another alignment(I refuse to do anything suspension-wise on my car). Not to mention the shipping charges to get them shipped to the States or wherever they need to be shipped. We'll see though.
Old 03-15-2012
Registered!!

So just got a reply from CorSport and they quoted me $150 for shipping. All in all, it comes to $1200.

Ill be getting the SS from these guys since I got my previous setup from them http://www.ebay.ca/itm/TEIN-SS-SUPER...ht_2679wt_1185 and it'll be $1269.

For an extra $70, I think the SS is the way to go.

I dont think I ever got an actual answer for my original question. Does anyone have any info on these supposedly upgrade from SS? http://www.ebay.ca/itm/TEIN-STREET-A...ht_2651wt_1185
Old 03-15-2012
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

The street advanced sounds like they're still similar to super streets, but with more dampening adjustability and better rust protection. They sound very similar to SS, just slightly better.
Old 03-15-2012
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

I'll throw another set into the works for you to consider though, AMR Engineering. They list for $1600, but if you're on a forum they sponsor, like Honda-Tech or K20a they offer a pretty significant discount (20%). That puts them right in the same price range as SS or SA, but with a lifetime warranty and slightly better features, and better quality than just about any other company since they're made to order by a small company. The company is based out of Seattle, so relatively local too which is really cool.

Hands down, without question, these will be my next coilovers. I'm just waiting for an excuse to place an order..
http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2802185
http://www.amrengineering.com/index.html
Old 03-15-2012
Registered!!

Oh damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn another set of coils to ponder on haha. Well if you really want to buy a set then Ill buy one with you and hopefully give us more of a discount for ordering 2 sets We can do a little cruise/road trip to Seattle to pick them up! Haha I'd be so down for that!

I'll probably have the funds by mid April or something.