7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Turn Signals Doing Weird Things

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2012
Busy Speeding!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SlimRisk is a jewel in the roughSlimRisk is a jewel in the roughSlimRisk is a jewel in the rough
Turn Signals Doing Weird Things

Alright so I just got my HID kit installed, I dont think that that's a problem, but it might be. When I turn on the headlights the front drivers side flasher lights up, but the passenger one doesnt. Heres the goofy part... when I turn on the hazards or the turn signal, the passenger one that was previously not working, blinks normally. And the drivers side that was lit just fine, doesnt blink.

I think im going to replace the flasher since I have a spare one laying around, and check all the underdash fuses while im at it. Both bulbs seem to be in perfect condition (theyre only a couple months old). The rear flashers work just fine though.

Any ideas??
Old 02-27-2012
Busy Speeding!!

SlimRisk is a jewel in the roughSlimRisk is a jewel in the roughSlimRisk is a jewel in the rough
Re: Turn Signals Doing Weird Things

Bump for help
Old 02-27-2012
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

the 01-03 civic headlights have a combination park/turn for the outermost bulb. sounds like your park light on one side is burnt out and the signal on the other side. each bulb has two filaments. a dim one for parking and bright for signal. if it was an old bulb, you may have broken it internally when installing the hids if you messed around back there and jolted the bulb. filaments are very fragile and dont like vibration. or just coincidence. first verify that both filaments in each bulb work by bench testing with a 9v battery. the two outer leads are the bright, inner two are dim. if that checks out, make sure the bulb is not bottomed out in the socket. you can very slightly pull the bulb up and try it again. sometimes the contacts short out due to the bad socket design. ive also seen filaments just fall out in as little as a month even with barely any use. it happens.

otherwise someone did a terrible job installing the hids.

Last edited by gearbox; 02-27-2012 at 10:49 PM.
Old 02-29-2012
Busy Speeding!!

I switched around both bulbs and both filaments look okay. The drivers side now works fine, but the passenger side wont turn on (parking lights) but will flash. Ill get out my handy dandy multi meter, splice in the wires so I can see if the harness is getting power at all. Ill also look at the flasher and multifunction switch

Maybe I just need to fill the blinker fluid?? I dont know...

Last edited by SlimRisk; 02-29-2012 at 02:55 PM.