7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

please help!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
alex02civicsi is an unknown quantity at this point
please help!!!!

hey guys, i reallllly need some help. i bought a 2002 civic si with the 1.7. there is a ecu problem and i cant figure out what the hell it is. i bought a obd2 scanner and plugged it in to this thing and it wont link at all. it ahows theres a connection then u say link and it says theres a error. even the deck has an error code. also when i had he car started it would not rev past about 2500rpm. the limiter would kick in and thats it. could the ecu be shot??i would be most greatful for any information!!
Old 02-21-2012
Registered!!

2002ExCivic has a spectacular aura about2002ExCivic has a spectacular aura about
Re: please help!!!!

Obscanner brand new? I would try another car first, sorry not much help.
Old 02-21-2012
Registered!!

alex02civicsi is an unknown quantity at this point

yea it was brand new. ive tried it on three other cars and it worked on all of them. its killin m

e lol
Old 02-21-2012
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alex02civicsi
hey guys, i reallllly need some help. i bought a 2002 civic si with the 1.7. there is a ecu problem and i cant figure out what the hell it is. i bought a obd2 scanner and plugged it in to this thing and it wont link at all. it ahows theres a connection then u say link and it says theres a error. even the deck has an error code. also when i had he car started it would not rev past about 2500rpm. the limiter would kick in and thats it. could the ecu be shot??i would be most greatful for any information!!

You just need some common sense and diagnosis.

Take it to a big box parts store chain, get the codes read. Get the actual code numbers, not their description or parts cannon list. Look up your own info on the code(s) you have.

THEY can't read codes either? Big problem. Read on....

If someone did a timing belt job (or any other work) and left the alternator bolts loose, that can FRY the PCM. That can cause no communication, among a host of other problems.
Look up Honda Service News, August 2004.

The radio says ERR because the wrong unlock code has been entered. Disconnect the battery and retry the correct code. Search for radio code related threads here and READ how to get your code. Don't bother begging for it.