7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

is it a ex

Old 02-16-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2oo3EX is an unknown quantity at this point
is it a ex

I thought i knew what kind of car i had but i've never heard of the canadian si being the same as american ex. I thought it was an ex. It has a 1.7 liter engine, with kms instead of miles, purchased in canada and power everything so can i call this an si or ex? I feel pretty dumb for not picking this up earlier hahaName:  iphone032.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  81.7 KB
Name:  iphone033.jpg
Views: 149
Size:  165.4 KB

Last edited by 2oo3EX; 02-16-2012 at 04:10 PM.
Old 02-16-2012
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: is it a ex

Canadian Si is, in fact, the same as the US ex. Your car is a canadian si/US ex.

the VTEC-labeled wire cover is a giveaway, assuming it's the original. From the angle of the engine bay, I can't really see the VTEC solenoid, assuming it's there.
Also, assuming you're not throwing a CEL for no cat, your exhaust manifold is another giveaway. the dx/lx has the cat integrated into the exhaust manifold, whereas the ex/CAN-si has it on the latter part of the downpipe, just below the shifter assembly, outside of the car, obviously.. lol

for coupes/sedans...
The US ex/CAN Si has a 1.7L VTEC engine.
the dx/lx models have a 1.7L non-VTEC engine

The 7thgen hatchback is a canadian SIR/US Si equipped with a 2.0L i-VTEC engine.
Old 02-16-2012
Busy Speeding!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SlimRisk is a jewel in the roughSlimRisk is a jewel in the roughSlimRisk is a jewel in the rough

My d17a1 doesn't have egr. I think egr only came on the d17a2
Old 02-16-2012
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light

Vtec head, and sunroof=Its an EX
Old 02-16-2012
Registered!!

Aetoc will become famous soon enoughAetoc will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by SlimRisk
My d17a1 doesn't have egr. I think egr only came on the d17a2
I have an A1 with EGR, but what does that have to do with the model name of his car? lol
Old 02-17-2012
That Dude with the Questions

Shift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the rough

Youre in Canada, right? So just call it an Si because thats what it is lol. But if youre looking for parts online, look for ex because most places label the parts them under the american names.

Also, all you need to check to know if its an si/ex or dx/lx is if it has a sunroof. only the si/ex came with one.
Old 02-17-2012
Busy Speeding!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SlimRisk is a jewel in the roughSlimRisk is a jewel in the roughSlimRisk is a jewel in the rough

@aetoc well the a2 only came in the ex and the a1 came in the a1 came in the lx and dx and vp. Sunroof is an automatic giveaway though.

Also 01-03 lx and dx didn't come with egr. Every ex did

Last edited by SlimRisk; 02-17-2012 at 08:23 AM.
Old 02-17-2012
Registered!!

Aetoc will become famous soon enoughAetoc will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by SlimRisk
@aetoc well the a2 only came in the ex and the a1 came in the a1 came in the lx and dx and vp. Sunroof is an automatic giveaway though.

Also 01-03 lx and dx didn't come with egr. Every ex did
Got it, didn't know all of the 01-03 lx and dx didn't have egr, I just know my DX does lol

Search this Thread