7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

Are Today's Civic Similiar........

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SuperMan2012 should not be trustedSuperMan2012 should not be trusted
Are Today's Civic Similiar........

in size to yesterday's (20 years ago) Accord? I am sure today's Civics are also similiar in horse power compare to Accord 20 years ago. So, what's the difference comparing today's Civic to yesterday's Accord?

Second question, would you, as a Civic owner, buy a 2008-2012 Accord? Do you think its size is too big?

Last edited by SuperMan2012; 02-16-2012 at 10:04 AM.
Old 02-16-2012
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future
Re: Are Today's Civic Similiar........

Today's civic is much bigger than an accOrd 30 years ago. It is almost much more powerful as well

The 08+ accords are nice... But for that price, I'd rather get a fully loaded Kia optima. Those new Optima's are amazing
Old 02-16-2012
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by sl33pyriceboi
Today's civic is much bigger than an accOrd 30 years ago. It is almost much more powerful as well

The 08+ accords are nice... But for that price, I'd rather get a fully loaded Kia optima. Those new Optima's are amazing
I want to say I agree. The new optimas are amazing, however if i had the money I would still probably go for the accord. Even though I know I would be getting less for my money. I feel the Honda name is just more trusted in the back of my head.

I would be seriously considering the new Optimas at the same time..but ultimately would buy a Honda..
Old 02-16-2012
Registered!!

SuperMan2012 should not be trustedSuperMan2012 should not be trusted

Originally Posted by 04 Honda Civic
I want to say I agree. The new optimas are amazing, however if i had the money I would still probably go for the accord. Even though I know I would be getting less for my money. I feel the Honda name is just more trusted in the back of my head.

I would be seriously considering the new Optimas at the same time..but ultimately would buy a Honda..
I feel the same way. None of those cars have a long track records for reliability. So, my next car would probably be a Camry, unless Accord shrinks in size, then it would be a tough choice.
Old 02-16-2012

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

10year or 100k warranty blows honda's outta the water. But that's just me.
Old 02-16-2012
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
scooty is on a distinguished road

10year or 100k warranty blows honda's outta the water. But that's just me.
Not really,

That's 10 year 100K stuff is a limited powertrain warranty. So if the clear coat starts peeling after 36 months, you're **** outta luck.

Honda has a track record of building engines that go far beyond 100K with basic maintenance. Now automatic transmissions is a different story.
Old 02-17-2012
Registered!!

itzsleepy is an unknown quantity at this point

I dunno guys, my aunt just bought a new Kia Optima for my cousin for getting her license. I test drove that car and I took that car through corners like I would with my Audi A4 quattro. If anyone has ever driven a german car, you know how the stock handling is. That Optima really surprised me and it is a car that could hold up against a lot of cars out there. This only goes for the Optima, my mom bought a Kia Sorento a couple of weeks before my aunt and that car drives like sh**. I would say stay away from their SUV but that optima is well worth every penny. That heated steering wheel is freaking awesome too.. thats my two cents.
Old 02-17-2012

you guys are hating on the optima beause its kia...lol

i was like that before i actually drove and checked out the quality of it.

they are a new generation of real good quality cars...look at the genesis for example...

all im saying is, for dollar per dollar, u cant beat the optima...

the accord for that price doesnt even come with hids....lol
Old 02-17-2012

Originally Posted by itzsleepy
I dunno guys, my aunt just bought a new Kia Optima for my cousin for getting her license. I test drove that car and I took that car through corners like I would with my Audi A4 quattro. If anyone has ever driven a german car, you know how the stock handling is. That Optima really surprised me and it is a car that could hold up against a lot of cars out there. This only goes for the Optima, my mom bought a Kia Sorento a couple of weeks before my aunt and that car drives like sh**. I would say stay away from their SUV but that optima is well worth every penny. That heated steering wheel is freaking awesome too.. thats my two cents.
dude, u cannot have sleepy in ur name -__-
Old 02-17-2012
Trance Addict

MelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of light

you guys are hating on the optima beause its kia...lol

i was like that before i actually drove and checked out the quality of it.

they are a new generation of real good quality cars...look at the genesis for example...

all im saying is, for dollar per dollar, u cant beat the optima...

the accord for that price doesnt even come with hids....lol
Don't forget teh turbow. Seriously though, cars are being built better and better these days. You'd be hard pressed to find a craptastic vehicle I think with a plethora of mechanical problems. I've said it before and I'll say it again, the newer Sis just don't have the feel like mine does. I didn't feel nearly as connected with that car. I liked it, but I don't think I'd want it as a DD. I'll probably be looking at Mazda or another brand with fun cars still in their lineup.