7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

What is the magic trick for turning off the engine light that automatically turns on.

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
whitestripe is an unknown quantity at this point
What is the magic trick for turning off the engine light that automatically turns on.

The engine light automatically turns on every 10000 miles (I think). I'm trying to shut it off.

I've done it before for, but forgot the trick. Something about turning the key and pressing the odometer. Does anyone know?

Thanks.
Old 02-15-2012
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future
Re: What is the magic trick for turning off the engine light that automatically turns

you can do either two things...

add more vtec fluid or change your coolant filter... both will trigger that light and reset it
Old 02-15-2012
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future
Re: What is the magic trick for turning off the engine light that automatically turns

i forgot, there is one third option

1) Turn they key to the II position
2) Turn the key to the off position, and push and hold in the odometer reset button
3) Turn they key back to the II position, while still holding the button.
4) After about 10-15 seconds, the light should go off.
5) Drink beer
Old 02-15-2012
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light

I tried the first two and they didnt work

Must be the third way.
Old 02-16-2012
Registered!!

lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

uhhh your check engine light is different then your maintenance light. check engine light means there is something wrong with your car and probably shouldn't be driven till you find out whats wrong.
Old 02-16-2012
Registered!!

johndeerebones is a jewel in the roughjohndeerebones is a jewel in the roughjohndeerebones is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by lowlife9
uhhh your check engine light is different then your maintenance light. check engine light means there is something wrong with your car and probably shouldn't be driven till you find out whats wrong.
He is talking about the maintenance light, "the one that comes on every x miles"
Old 02-16-2012
Registered!!

04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by johndeerebones
He is talking about the maintenance light, "the one that comes on every x miles"
Yea he did call it the wrong thing..
Old 02-16-2012
Registered!!

lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

thats what i figured but then they said every 10,000 miles so i had no clue just making sure. i wish my car would go 10,000 miles before it needed maintaining.
Old 02-16-2012
Registered!!

I think it comes every 10k.. I dont even know I just reset it every time it comes on I have my own maint scheduel. I am one of the many people who dont need my car telling me when to do things.
Old 02-16-2012
Registered!!

yeah i hate when my car tells me to kill.
Old 02-17-2012
A scene before your eyes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Balzdpr is on a distinguished road

O.K., so I got these strange pictograms in a bright lighted orange color and some funny foreign sandscript launguage all over my instrument panel. Is this what y'alls talkin 'bout in here?

The engine light has been on since, like, when I first put my intake on. So I don't really knows if I could turned that dern thingy off if I wanted to. But today that dreaded "main req'd" light kicked on and hasn't gone off all day. Before, like, for the last few weeks or so it was like all blinky and stuff when I first turned on the key.