7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

My 4 door rear speaker install

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
black4door is an unknown quantity at this point
My 4 door rear speaker install

Hey all,
After reading all the DIY threads on how to do this is was a cinch. I did manage to bread the plastic clips on both seat bolsters. I couldn't find them in the trunk. I think cause I had stuff in there and didn't remove the side carpeting. So I need to get new ones cause knowing they are broke is bothering me.

Just wanted to post pics of the speakers and how I mounted them.

I pulled my C10 out of the garage I rent (with 2 friends) and pulled the car in. Good place to start right?

Name:  My05Civic4.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  66.8 KB

I lined the speaker up but only 2 mounting holes matched up

Name:  My05Civic7.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  111.6 KB

I marked the speaker where the third hole would be. I took a drill bit (since I don't have a punch that small) and made a dimple in the speaker ring. You can see the mark on the top of the pic.

Name:  My05Civic10.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  99.5 KB

Before drilling I wrapped the magnet in plastic and tape so no metal shavings from the rig gets on the magnet.

Name:  My05Civic9.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  80.1 KB

Bada bing, third hole lines up.

Name:  My05Civic11.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  110.6 KB

Using the stock screws, the speaker fits like a glove.

Name:  My05Civic13.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  118.4 KB

And then did the same to the other side.

What do you all think?
Old 02-07-2012
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light
Re: My 4 door rear speaker install

Nice, I like how you used the stock screws and made them line up. I HATE seeing people using wood screws to mount speakers it drives me ****ing crazy.
Old 02-08-2012
Registered!!

Originally Posted by 04 Honda Civic
Nice, I like how you used the stock screws and made them line up. I HATE seeing people using wood screws to mount speakers it drives me ****ing crazy.

Thanks. I agree. This goes for almost any install really. The stock ones were already there.
Old 02-09-2012
Registered!!

kbook has a spectacular aura aboutkbook has a spectacular aura aboutkbook has a spectacular aura about

black4door,

I broke one. I did post the update on the thread how I get another side out. I use screwdriver to push the plastic out from underneath that hold. It was tight. I hate that but I use the epoxy (cold weld for something) to fix and it hold really well. Don't use superglue, it couldn't hold.

I think when little pieces fell I had hard time getting it out. Taking part of carpet out isn't that bad.

The redrill is a pretty technique. I like it, I thought about it also but I was too lazy and forgot to charge my cordless drill. : )

By the way, it's very nice 04. what I like about this car most are the newer style headlight + fog light. It's nicer than later gen.
Old 02-13-2012
Registered!!

thanks for the nice note. i hope to take the trunk mat out this week sometime and look for the broke pieces. i have some two part epoxy i could try. i am sure it will hold. i dont think i will be removing the deck any time soon to mess with it lol
Old 02-14-2012
Registered!!

kbook has a spectacular aura aboutkbook has a spectacular aura aboutkbook has a spectacular aura about

You can fold both seats down and should be able to access the carpet from the cabin. I believe if i am not mistaken.

Originally Posted by black4door
thanks for the nice note. i hope to take the trunk mat out this week sometime and look for the broke pieces. i have some two part epoxy i could try. i am sure it will hold. i dont think i will be removing the deck any time soon to mess with it lol