7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

Muffler/Dealership question.

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PunX is an unknown quantity at this point
Muffler/Dealership question.

Hey there, I recently purchased a '05 civic from a used car dealership and it comes with a few month warranty. Now, I have an aftermarket muffler than I want to put on it but I'm wondering if it will void my warranty? (I'm located in Canada and I've searched the forums/Google but can only find answers relating to the US) Thanks.
Old 02-06-2012
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Muffler/Dealership question.

why wouldn't you just ask the dealer ???
Old 02-06-2012
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
johndeerebones is a jewel in the roughjohndeerebones is a jewel in the roughjohndeerebones is a jewel in the rough

What he says, but in the US aftermarket add-ons cannot void warranty by law unless they can prove that said part directly caused the problem. (IE, they can't void you engine warranty because you put different tail lights on it...) I would hope that Canada would be the same, but stranger things have happened....
Old 02-07-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PunX is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by johndeerebones
What he says, but in the US aftermarket add-ons cannot void warranty by law unless they can prove that said part directly caused the problem. (IE, they can't void you engine warranty because you put different tail lights on it...) I would hope that Canada would be the same, but stranger things have happened....
I'm probably going to end up asking the dealer shortly, but yeah I was wondering if there was something similar in Canada. I haven't found any info on that though
Old 02-08-2012
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light

I find dealershits always end up finding a way to wiggle out of warranty service.

Keep your exhaust stock until the warranty is up is your best bet. Even if the dealer says its ok.