7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Cars Missing Front Stabilizer Bar.. What do i need?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HateOnEveryone is an unknown quantity at this point
Cars Missing Front Stabilizer Bar.. What do i need?

i bought my car about a year ago, (2004 hond civic vp coupe)
i currently have slight suspension modifications to it such as eibach pro springs and front upper strut brace. i noticed while my car was up on a lift that the front stabilizer bar and all the componets of the assembly (links ect.) are missing, i have no idea what i need to buy or where to get it. i dont have alot of money to spend so i was looking to get something used stock or after market. i havent seen one single thing on line that has the entire assembly and to be honest i dont know what or how many parts i need, any help is apreciated but please keep in mind i dont have alot of money to spend.
thanks
Old 01-04-2012
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of
Re: Cars Missing Front Stabilizer Bar.. What do i need?

You're fine without a front sway bar, removing it is a very popular modification among all tuners who work on front wheel drive cars.

Front sway bar causes understeer, understeer is a joy killer, oversteer is more desireable. Increases roll in corners means you'll have lower entrance speeds, but the increased traction that results from the roll will give higher exit speeds.
Old 01-04-2012
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,442 Likes on 1,198 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

I unhooked mine front sometimes when autoX. weird and sometimes unconfortable at transitions, but the timer said otherwise. 1 sec gain in a 70 sec course, which is a lot.
yeh will not feel that much since the springs are stiffer.
i am now keeping mine hooked because i have the larger rear progress bar and running -1.5/-0.5 camber F/R
Old 01-05-2012
Registered!!

Thanks ive herd that to but I think because my car is a daily driver and I alrdy did light suspension modifications I mite enjoi the ride beter with it installed. Would anyone mind please listing all the parts links and hardware id need to get one and mayb where I could find one
Old 01-05-2012
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

In that case, just go to a junk yard, it should be less than $100.

You can use an RSX or Civic bar, but I would try to get the smallest bar possible, which would be from an 03-05 Civic.

You need the brackets, bar and endlinks.
Old 01-06-2012
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of

As an example you need numbers 5, 8, 9, 6 (2), 7 (2), 16 (2), 18 (2), and 23 (2): http://www.hondapartscheap.com/index...ponent=KNUCKLE You can get used numbers 5 and 7 but, recommend you buy everything else new.
Old 01-10-2012
Registered!!

Figure I should follow up. Yesterday I bought the stabilizer bar and all the hardware from member- 04 honda civic- just installed it today and I gota say im happy with my decision to do so. Car feels much tighter threw the turns and over all more stable..go figure..lol anway just figured id follow up thanks again everyone who helped
Old 01-11-2012
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

i would have added a rear bar before i would have even thought about the front.