7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

How Do I Wire K-Pro?

Old 12-20-2011
Busy Speeding!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SlimRisk is a jewel in the roughSlimRisk is a jewel in the roughSlimRisk is a jewel in the rough
How Do I Wire K-Pro?

So ive been thinking of getting kpro lately, as the first step to my k swap. I was wondering is it just a simple plug and play? (Besides the O2 wiring) Do I just take out my d17 ecu and plug in the new one?

Aaaaannnddddd...

Since im eventually going to do a kswap, how do I wire the C101 connector? xproductionz has it on his website, but I need more detail.
Old 12-20-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aetoc will become famous soon enoughAetoc will become famous soon enough
Re: How Do I Wire K-Pro?

in terms of the k-pro, you just need to change the pinouts for the o2 sensors, then its a direct plug n play
Old 12-20-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

Yup, plug and play since it's a modified stock ecu
Old 12-20-2011
Busy Speeding!!

SlimRisk is a jewel in the roughSlimRisk is a jewel in the roughSlimRisk is a jewel in the rough

YES! That makes it way easier! Now, should I put all the kpro internals into the d17 ecu? or take the box they give me?
Old 12-21-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aetoc will become famous soon enoughAetoc will become famous soon enough

If you want it to fit in the stock location, you have to either cut the tabs off the box they give you, or put it in the casing for your stock ECU and cut a hole in it for the USB connector
Old 12-21-2011
Busy Speeding!!

I think im gonna stick it inside my old d17 ecu. I dont really wanna mess with mounting points. Thanks everyone
Old 12-21-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

You can't use a d17 ecu
Old 12-21-2011
Busy Speeding!!

Originally Posted by MindBomber
You can't use a d17 ecu
Removing the stock ECU is fairly involved. There are three choices for the K-Pro installation:
1. The K-Pro can be installed in the location of the stock ECU.
2. The K-Pro circuitry can be installed into the Civic's stock ECU case. You will need to cut a USB hole.
3. The K-Pro ECU can be installed in the glove compartment. You may need to cut the rear plastic.

http://www.hondata.com/kpro_d17.html

Psh MY MOMMY SAYS I CAN!!

(Im gonna put my kpro internals into my d17 case)
Old 12-21-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Hey, you're right!

Cool, did not know that.
Old 12-22-2011
Busy Speeding!!

Oh look! I just showed up a moderator. I will brag about this until I die :P
Old 12-22-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

I'm an admin, not a moderator

I don't know everything imaginable about our cars, but I know a lot more than the average user and that's all that matters. It's not like I get paid for my responses to threads or the hours spent fixing random things on the site.

feel free to brag though.
Old 12-22-2011
Busy Speeding!!

Originally Posted by MindBomber
I'm an admin, not a moderator

I don't know everything imaginable about our cars, but I know a lot more than the average user and that's all that matters. It's not like I get paid for my responses to threads or the hours spent fixing random things on the site.

feel free to brag though.
My bad :P just a slight feeling of self worth. Im not enough of a dick to brag. Ill keep everyone updated on the kpro. just got paid today and christmas is comming up soon
Old 12-23-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Originally Posted by SlimRisk
My bad :P just a slight feeling of self worth. Im not enough of a dick to brag. Ill keep everyone updated on the kpro. just got paid today and christmas is comming up soon
No worries, I'm always happy to see you guys learning.

If one of the guys I've given advice to is able to give me advice one day, I would be thrilled.